Draw Circle in MATLAB w/ Color Fill | Tutorial

In summary, to draw a circle in MATLAB with color fill, you can use the circle function and specify the center coordinates, radius, and color. You can also change the color of the circle after it has been drawn using the set function. The size and position of the circle can be adjusted by modifying the parameters or using the set function. Multiple circles with different colors can be drawn in the same figure by using the hold on command. A filled circle with a gradient color can be created using the colormap function and adjusting the gradient direction and color range.
nyxynyx
Hi, I need to draw a circle in MATLAB that has a certain color (the fill, not the border). How can i do that? Right now I am drawing the circle with the rectangle function. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
anyone pls?

1. How do I draw a circle in MATLAB with color fill?

To draw a circle in MATLAB with color fill, you can use the circle function. This function takes in the center coordinates, radius, and color as parameters. For example, circle(0,0,5,'r') will draw a circle with a center at (0,0), a radius of 5, and a red color fill.

2. Can I change the color of the circle after it has been drawn?

Yes, you can change the color of the circle by using the set function. The syntax for changing the color would be set(circle_handle,'FaceColor','color'), where circle_handle is the handle for the drawn circle and color is the desired color.

3. How can I adjust the size and position of the circle?

The circle function allows you to specify the center coordinates and radius of the circle. You can adjust these parameters to change the size and position of the circle. Additionally, you can use the set function to modify the properties of the circle, such as its position and size.

4. Can I draw multiple circles with different colors in the same figure?

Yes, you can draw multiple circles with different colors in the same figure by using the hold on command. This command will prevent the figure from being cleared, allowing you to draw multiple circles on the same plot.

5. Is it possible to create a filled circle with a gradient color?

Yes, you can create a filled circle with a gradient color using the colormap function. This function allows you to specify a gradient color map and apply it to your circle using the set function. You can also adjust the gradient direction and color range to achieve your desired effect.