Writing information to Radio Frequency Identification(RFID) tags

In summary, the person is tasked with creating an inventory database for the library using RFID technology. They are looking for information on how to write codes on the RFID tags for the books. They will be using a system with 11 alphanumeric digits and are currently using AT870 RFID readers. They plan to get more information from their lecturer about the specific tags being used. They have also searched for information on how to write to RFID tags on Google.
JohnielWhite
Good day, I have been given the task to create an inventory database for the books at the library at my school using the RFID to monitor the books. However the books have specific codes based on their type and location in the library. I was wondering if someone could give me some information as to how i go about writing the codes on the books on the RFID tags.
Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
JohnielWhite said:
Good day, I have been given the task to create an inventory database for the books at the library at my school using the RFID to monitor the books. However the books have specific codes based on their type and location in the library. I was wondering if someone could give me some information as to how i go about writing the codes on the books on the RFID tags.
Thanks in advance.

What RFID tag systems and vendors have you looked at so far? How many alphanumeric digits do you need for each book?

berkeman said:
What RFID tag systems and vendors have you looked at so far? How many alphanumeric digits do you need for each book?

Thanks for your response. We are using AT870 RFID readers and I haven't seen the tags that we are expected to use as yet. We will be using a 11 digit alphanumeric system. Any response stating how to write to any tags will be greatly appreciated. As soon as my lecturer is available I will get the information as to the type of tags been used and update you. Thanks again for your help.

JohnielWhite said:
Thanks for your response. We are using AT870 RFID readers and I haven't seen the tags that we are expected to use as yet. We will be using a 11 digit alphanumeric system. Any response stating how to write to any tags will be greatly appreciated. As soon as my lecturer is available I will get the information as to the type of tags been used and update you. Thanks again for your help.

So when you Google RFID +write, what do you get?

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS301US302&q=RFID++write

Hello,

It is great to hear that you have been given the task to create an inventory database for the library books using RFID technology. RFID tags are a useful tool for tracking and managing inventory, especially in a large library setting.

To write codes on the RFID tags, there are a few steps you can follow. First, you will need to gather the necessary information about the books, such as their type and location in the library. This information will be used to create a unique identifier for each book.

Next, you will need to obtain RFID tags that are compatible with the library's system. These tags typically come with a software that allows you to write information onto them. You can also use a handheld RFID writer to input the codes onto the tags.

Once you have the tags and the necessary information, you can begin writing the codes onto the tags. This can be done through the software or the handheld writer, depending on the system you are using. Make sure to double-check the codes to ensure accuracy.

It is important to note that RFID tags have a limited amount of memory, so it is essential to use efficient and concise codes. You may need to consult with the library's IT department for guidance on how to best optimize the use of the RFID tags.

I hope this information helps you in your task. If you encounter any difficulties, feel free to reach out for further assistance. Best of luck with your project!

Sincerely,

1. What is RFID technology?

RFID stands for Radio Frequency Identification and it is a wireless technology used to transfer data from a tag attached to an object to a reader. This technology uses radio waves to transfer information, making it a fast and efficient way to track and identify objects.

2. How does writing information to RFID tags work?

Writing information to RFID tags involves using a reader/writer device to send data to the tag. The reader/writer device uses radio waves to communicate with the tag and transfer the information. The tag then stores the data and can be read by a reader at a later time.

3. What type of information can be written to RFID tags?

RFID tags can store various types of information, such as product codes, serial numbers, and other identifying information. They can also hold larger amounts of data, such as product descriptions, images, and even documents.

4. How do you ensure the accuracy of the information written to RFID tags?

The accuracy of the information written to RFID tags is ensured by using encoding software that verifies the data before it is written to the tag. This software also allows for data to be encrypted, preventing unauthorized access or tampering of the information.

5. What are the benefits of using RFID technology for writing information to tags?

There are several benefits of using RFID technology for writing information to tags, including faster data transfer, increased efficiency, and improved accuracy. RFID tags also do not require a direct line of sight and can hold more data compared to other identification technologies, making them ideal for inventory tracking and supply chain management.