Where did the frequently asked physics questions go?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
In summary: But the FAQs in the General Physics forum are still there, with separate threads for different topics such as quantum mechanics and cosmology. They were only made for the General Math and Cosmology forums, but the general physics section should have its own threads as well. This will be done shortly. In summary, there were separate threads addressing frequently asked questions in the General Physics forum, but they were only created for the General Math and Cosmology forums. The general physics section will also have its own threads for FAQs soon.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
I saw a few weeks ago a bunch of responses to frequently asked questions were put up as a sort of "Stop asking us these same damn questions" reference. Where are they? Did they get taken down? Have my penguin eyes become useless?

Physics news on Phys.org
In which forum did you find these FAQs? The FAQs in the General Physics forum are still there.

Zz.

Actually when Greg was posting them, I saw them when I queried 'new posts' and they seemed to have been scattered around their respective forums (QM questions in QM subforum, cosmology threads in the cosmology forum, etc).

They weren't the Physics FAQ that is posted in the general physics forum. They were all separate threads addressing certain frequently talked about topics.

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHHH I see! They were only made for Cosmology and General Math. I could have sworn more forums got a FAQ section.

The general physics section really should have threads of it's own. I think the problem with the Physics FAQ thread is that people see it as how a typical website has a FAQ which says things like "This is how you post an image. This is how you delete a thread". It's not obvious that it literally does mean frequently asked questions in the physics sense.

Last edited:
Pengwuino said:
The general physics section really should have threads of it's own.

It will be done shortly.

Greg Bernhardt said:
It will be done shortly.

Get to it Greg. Chop Chop.

Pengwuino said:
I think the problem with the Physics FAQ thread is that people see it as how a typical website has a FAQ which says things like "This is how you post an image. This is how you delete a thread". It's not obvious that it literally does mean frequently asked questions in the physics sense.

I agree. Even I thought that it was a guide on how to use the site when I first saw the FAQ.

Last edited:

1. Where can I find the frequently asked physics questions?

The frequently asked physics questions can typically be found on a physics-related website or forum. They may also be included in textbooks or study guides.

2. Why are the frequently asked physics questions important?

The frequently asked physics questions are important because they cover common topics and concepts in physics that many students struggle with. By understanding these questions and their answers, students can improve their understanding and performance in physics.

3. Have the frequently asked physics questions been moved or deleted?

No, the frequently asked physics questions have not been moved or deleted. They may have been reorganized or updated on a website, but they should still be accessible.

4. Can I contribute to the frequently asked physics questions?

Yes, many physics websites and forums allow users to contribute to the frequently asked questions section. This can be a great way to share your knowledge and help others understand physics concepts.

5. Are the frequently asked physics questions the same as practice problems?

No, the frequently asked physics questions are typically more general and cover broad concepts, while practice problems are specific and often require calculations. However, practicing frequently asked questions can also be beneficial in preparing for exams and tests.