University Physics 13E by Young International Edition Different?

In summary, the international edition of University Physics 13E by Young is intended for distribution outside of the United States while the regular edition is for distribution within the United States. The cover design and minor content changes to accommodate international units of measurement are the main differences between the two editions. However, students in the United States can still use the international edition without it affecting their understanding or learning. The problem sets and examples are typically the same in both editions, with only slight changes in numbers or order. It is legal to use the international edition in the United States, but it is important to purchase from a reputable source. There are no major differences in content between the international and regular editions, with the core concepts and theories remaining the same.
efr450
Hello there,
I'm trying to find out if anyone has specific experience with the international edition of
University Physics With Modern Physics by Young/Freedman. I know that usually international textbooks have the same content as the U.S. but I'm worried that the units in this will be in SI and that the U.S. edition's won't.
Anyone know?
Thanks,
EFR

Physics news on Phys.org
I've never seen Young's 13th, but I can tell you that US physics textbooks have been using SI units for decades. For example, my 9th edition of Young uses them.

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that!

1. What is the difference between the international edition and the regular edition of University Physics 13E by Young?

The international edition of University Physics 13E by Young is typically printed for distribution outside of the United States, while the regular edition is intended for distribution within the United States. The main difference between the two editions is the cover design and possibly some minor content changes to accommodate international units of measurement.

2. Can I use the international edition if I am studying in the United States?

Yes, you can use the international edition of University Physics 13E by Young if you are studying in the United States. The content is almost identical to the regular edition, so it should not affect your understanding or learning of the subject matter.

3. Are the problem sets and examples the same in both editions?

Yes, the problem sets and examples are typically the same in both the international and regular editions of University Physics 13E by Young. However, there may be some slight changes in the numbers used or the order of problems, but the concepts and methods are the same.

4. Is it legal to use the international edition if I am studying in the United States?

Yes, it is legal to use the international edition of University Physics 13E by Young if you are studying in the United States. The international edition may be cheaper, but it is also important to make sure you are purchasing from a reputable source to ensure the quality and accuracy of the textbook.

5. Are there any major differences in content between the international and regular editions?

No, there are no major differences in content between the international and regular editions of University Physics 13E by Young. As mentioned before, there may be some minor changes to accommodate international units of measurement, but the core concepts and theories remain the same.