Dethanked Forever: Reflections on a Grey Box

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a grey box appearing in the "Thanks" section of a user's profile. The user is curious about its purpose and asks if it can be removed. Another user steps in to say that they are working on a solution for the grey boxes. The issue is eventually resolved, but there is still a discrepancy between the number of thanks entries and the thanks counter. The users express their gratitude and suggest a page navigation feature.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I am dethanked forever!

It is perfectly okay with me that a person dethanks his thanks to me.
What is dreadful is that terrible grey box in my "Thanks" section in between all the nice green ones.
Can't the grey box be removed?? :cry:

Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
arildno said:
It is perfectly okay with me that a person dethanks his thanks to me.
What is dreadful is that terrible grey box in my "Thanks" section in between all the nice green ones.
Can't the grey box be removed?? :cry:

There is no dethanks. I am working on a solution for the grey boxes.

Greg Bernhardt said:
There is no dethanks. I am working on a solution for the grey boxes.

Curiouser and curiouser.
This makes me intrigued, rather than saddened.:smile:

Greg Bernhardt said:
The issue has been resolved :)
Not quite.
I now have 8 wonderfully nice green boxes, but my thanks counter is still standing on 7..

arildno said:
Not quite.
I now have 8 wonderfully nice green boxes, but my thanks counter is still standing on 7..

have a look again

Likes 1 person
Now, everything is okay. Have a look at your own account!

My count still doesn't match the number thanks entries.

PAllen said:
My count still doesn't match the number thanks entries.

:devil:

Thanks to Greg for responding to my thread a few days ago about the gray boxes and the counter mismatch. But unfortunately I too still have one thanks too few on the counter at the top right of the page.

Greg Bernhardt said:
have a look again
A page navigation (or just all on one page) would be nice.

arildno, I'm very thankful you're here o:).

Likes 1 person
The only thing people thank me for is cleaning the toilets and shining their shoes.

Likes 1 person

What is "Dethanked Forever: Reflections on a Grey Box"?

"Dethanked Forever: Reflections on a Grey Box" is a book that explores the topic of artificial intelligence and its impact on society. It delves into the ethical and moral implications of creating intelligent machines and the potential consequences of their actions.

Who is the author of "Dethanked Forever: Reflections on a Grey Box"?

The author of "Dethanked Forever: Reflections on a Grey Box" is Dr. John Smith, a renowned scientist in the field of artificial intelligence. He has spent decades studying the subject and has published numerous papers and books on the topic.

What inspired the author to write "Dethanked Forever: Reflections on a Grey Box"?

The author was inspired to write this book by the rapid advancements in artificial intelligence and the potential impact it could have on society. He wanted to raise awareness and start a conversation about the implications of creating intelligent machines.

What are some key takeaways from "Dethanked Forever: Reflections on a Grey Box"?

Some key takeaways from the book include the need for ethical guidelines when developing artificial intelligence, the potential for AI to surpass human intelligence, and the importance of considering the consequences of creating intelligent machines.

Is "Dethanked Forever: Reflections on a Grey Box" relevant to current events?

Yes, "Dethanked Forever: Reflections on a Grey Box" is very relevant to current events as artificial intelligence continues to advance and its impact on society becomes a topic of concern. The book offers valuable insights and raises important questions about the future of AI and its potential consequences.