Activate Atoms: Ionizing or Rubbish?

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Atoms
In summary, activated carbon is charcoal that has been activated by heat. It is good for removing odours, specifically the hot steamy sex odours that you would normally find in the bedroom or in the computer room if you're lonely.
jimmy p
Gold Member
I was watching some advert (so it was probably talking plop) but they said that they used 'activated carbon' to remove smells. What is activating something? is it ionising or is it just rubbish? Can you activate anything?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Activated carbon is simply carbon that has been activated! Come on man...heh.
Okay. It's good that you asked this qeustion because I was wondering myself what made activated carbon activated, so me and yahoo.com went on a romantic dinner date and I fondled her for information. It turns out that carbon becomes "activated" when it is heated with steam to about 1000C in the absence of O2. This removes a lot of the garbage in the charcoal (charcoal=carbon+impurities) and produces a carbon that is very porous and full of "internal microstructures" that make much surface area. This makes activated carbon excellent in terms of absorption. Many organic molecules cannot resist the seductive microstructures and they get trapped inside. Few escape the lair. It's good for removing odours, specifically the hot steamy sex odours that you would normally find in the bedroom or in the computer room if you're lonely.

So lonely...

It also enjoys dirty interracial gangbangs, colored compounds really get the carbon pumping with intense animal love. Typically you add the activated carbon to a solution of your impure, colored compound and you can watch as the carbon tears into every conceivable orifice. The result? A cleaner product.

And if you ever decide that today is the day to eat something poisonous, you're in luck! Because good old activated carbon will absorb the nasty stuff and make you nice and resentful for not using a gun.

Also, I do believe this is the stuff they feed the druggies who have overdosed, in an attempt to clear out the user's system.

By the way, regular charcoal doesn't work. Trust me on this one...

LOL ok, very... graphic but thanx, you have explained it well and i am happy with the answer, pat on the back to thunderfvck and his erotic chemistry.

1. What is the purpose of ionizing atoms?

Ionizing atoms involves adding or removing electrons from an atom, resulting in a charged particle. This process is used in various applications such as radiation therapy, industrial processes, and research.

2. How is ionizing radiation harmful?

Ionizing radiation can be harmful because it can damage cells and DNA, leading to mutations and potentially causing cancer. It can also cause burns and other tissue damage.

3. Can ionizing radiation be beneficial?

Yes, ionizing radiation can be beneficial in controlled and regulated environments. It is used in medical treatments such as radiation therapy to target and destroy cancer cells. It is also used in sterilization processes for medical equipment and food preservation.

4. How does ionizing radiation affect the environment?

Ionizing radiation can have both positive and negative effects on the environment. It can help in breaking down pollutants and harmful chemicals, but it can also disrupt natural processes and harm living organisms if not properly contained.

5. What safety precautions should be taken when working with ionizing radiation?

When working with ionizing radiation, it is essential to follow safety protocols and guidelines to minimize exposure. This includes wearing protective gear, limiting exposure time, and using shielding materials. Proper training and monitoring are also crucial to ensure safety in the workplace.