Math Lecture Video Archive - UCCS

In summary, RedX shared a link to the archive of Math lectures at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (UCCS). The lectures are in MOV format and require free registration for access. However, users can try adding "/archive.php?type=valid" to the end of the URL to bypass the registration. The site may be slow, but it offers a variety of videos from different sources. Some suggest walking away while the videos are loading to save time. Overall, the lectures are informative, but some prefer the traditional black/white-board style.
Sankaku
Thanks to RedX for this amazing link to the archive of Math lectures at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (UCCS):

http://www.uccs.edu/~math/vidarchive.html

They are in MOV format and access requires free registration.

However, if you click on a course link and it asks for your login, try adding this to the end of the url:
Code:
/archive.php?type=valid

I think it will bypass the registration. Give it a try!

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Sankaku said:
Thanks to RedX for this amazing link to the archive of Math lectures at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (UCCS):

http://www.uccs.edu/~math/vidarchive.html

They are in MOV format and access requires free registration.

However, if you click on a course link and it asks for your login, try adding this to the end of the url:
Code:
archive.php?type=valid

I think it will bypass the registration. Give it a try!

I've been trying to get past the bypass for a long time. Thanks!

martinhall said:
The site is not opening after clicking the links ?
I have just downloaded 5 whole lecture series in the last 2 days. All the links are working fine for me.

Your other site seems to be an interesting collection of videos from other places. However, it doesn't do a very good job of telling you where they came from (eg. many are MIT-OCW).

martinhall said:
The site is not opening after clicking the links ? I found some excellent maths videos at:
http://www.learnerstv.com

The site can be very slow at times. So I'd suggest clicking on it, then walk out of the room and do something else, and when you come back later, it should be on the next page. Click on the next page, walk out again, etc. Once you get to the page where you can finally download, then save a couple of lectures on your computer, and walk out while it's downloading. Once it's saved on your computer then there is no wait.

Good link! Thanks.

RedX said:
The site can be very slow at times.
That is because I am taking all the bandwidth downloading videos :-p

Just joking. It seems like the page requests can take a while but, once a connection is made, everything loads at full speed.

An aside:
Although I haven't had a chance to watch many of them yet, I find the lecture style where they are writing on a projected computer screen all the time kind of lame. The older ones with an old-style black/white-board seem better to me.

1. What is the purpose of the Math Lecture Video Archive at UCCS?

The purpose of the Math Lecture Video Archive at UCCS is to provide students with a resource for viewing recorded lectures from past math courses. This can be helpful for students who missed a class or need to review a specific concept.

2. How do I access the Math Lecture Video Archive at UCCS?

To access the Math Lecture Video Archive at UCCS, you must be a current student or faculty member at the university. You can log in to the archive using your university credentials and search for the specific course or lecture you need.

3. Are all math courses at UCCS recorded and available in the archive?

No, not all math courses at UCCS are recorded and available in the archive. The decision to record a course is up to the individual instructor. Additionally, some courses may not be available due to technical difficulties or other unforeseen circumstances.

4. Can I download the math lecture videos from the archive?

No, you cannot download the math lecture videos from the archive. They are only available for streaming within the archive platform. This is to ensure that the videos are used for educational purposes only and to protect the intellectual property of the instructors.

5. Is there a limit to how many times I can watch a math lecture video from the archive?

No, there is no limit to how many times you can watch a math lecture video from the archive. You can access the videos as many times as you need to review the material. However, please be mindful of other students who may also need to access the videos and try to limit excessive views.