Are NASA's Satellite Images Showing UFOs or Natural Phenomena?

In summary, these are just pictures of the Earth's surface and some anomalies that look like they could be sensors or something being over saturated. There is no clear explanation as to what they are or what they mean.
Luke*
THeres probably an explanation for these, but the forum I discussed it on is a music forum so people are presuming UFO's/ExtraTerr

Check this link out

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=38.643836

Its supposedly NASA's daily satellite images of the Earths surface

now zoom in on thick clouds and see what comes up, loads of different shaped ( microscopically different ) green/purple luminous anomalies

and to further show how weird this is, check out the thick pure white jetstream of cloud going along the east coast of the UK and zoom in, there's like a fkn group of these anomalies

and there positioned un-organised if that's correct grammar

I don't know what's going on or how to explain it further, but can you guys debunk please before my, and several others imaginations, start to run wildi thought of maybe ground centres that are designed to signal the satellite etc, but then as a dude said on a forum they look like they are situated in the clouds/ inbetween them

heres a pic incase you all think its a dangerous link

*- Excuse my Profanity

[PLAIN]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6646/ufo2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Apart from other options, it can be just some sensor problem.

hotpixels.jpg

Or oversaturation.

Iite, what about these? ( a dude posted them on the forum were discussing it on )

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/RadarImg/southplains.gif

What's wrong with them, they look just like radar images I check now and then here before leaving home for a bike trip.

Luke* said:
I don't know what's going on or how to explain it further, but can you guys debunk please before my, and several others imaginations, start to run wild

It's probably nothing. You're looking at a white area, so saturation of the image is easy (especially if the luminance is carried on a difference channel than the color).

Your Texas picture just looks like a radar map of the area around Texas.

Unless you make a living looking at these types of images every single day of you life (or 5 days a week, 8 - 5), then you're unlikely to find something that the experts haven't found. Imagine the following scenario, I am allowed to review photos of an archeological dig and I suddenly yell: "Oh... my... I see fossil rabbits in the pre-Cambrian period layer!" Do you think maybe my inexperience has caused me to see something that isn't there? Or did I actually disprove evolution.

Okay, not a fair comparison, but still... it's nothing. That's what nothing looks like when you see it. Whatever is running through your imagination you need to file it under: "this is how I feel when nothing is going on."

Sorry.

Luke* said:
Iite, what about these? ( a dude posted them on the forum were discussing it on )

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/RadarImg/southplains.gif

What the h*ll forum are you on?

www.radarImageConspiracyTheory.com[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

FlexGunship said:
Imagine the following scenario, I am allowed to review photos of an archeological dig and I suddenly yell: "Oh... my... I see fossil rabbits in the pre-Cambrian period layer!"

You owe me for one laptop cleaning, Flex. :) Next time I'll finish lunch before reading your posts, Lol.

mugaliens said:
You owe me for one laptop cleaning, Flex. :) Next time I'll finish lunch before reading your posts, Lol.

I'll include a disclaimer in future posts for your laptop's benefit.

1. What are NASA satellite anomalies?

NASA satellite anomalies refer to any unexpected or abnormal occurrences or behaviors observed by satellites owned and operated by NASA. These anomalies can include technical malfunctions, irregular data readings, or unexplained phenomena.

2. How often do NASA satellites experience anomalies?

The frequency of NASA satellite anomalies varies depending on the specific satellite and its mission. Some satellites may rarely experience anomalies, while others may have them more frequently due to their orbit or the nature of their data collection. However, NASA has teams and protocols in place to quickly identify and address any anomalies that occur.

3. What causes NASA satellite anomalies?

There are many potential causes of NASA satellite anomalies, including technical malfunctions, natural phenomena, and human error. Factors such as solar activity, space debris, and extreme weather conditions can also contribute to anomalies.

4. How does NASA handle satellite anomalies?

When a NASA satellite experiences an anomaly, teams of engineers, scientists, and technicians work together to investigate the issue and develop a solution. This may involve troubleshooting the problem, adjusting satellite operations, or implementing software updates. NASA also has contingency plans in place to ensure the safety of the satellite and its data.

5. Can NASA satellite anomalies affect scientific research?

NASA satellite anomalies can potentially impact the accuracy and reliability of scientific data collected by the affected satellite. However, NASA takes precautions to minimize the effects of anomalies and has backup systems and protocols in place to ensure the integrity of scientific research. In some cases, anomalies may even provide valuable insights and opportunities for further study.