Suggestion on workbooks with examples, beyond calculus?

In summary, a workbook with examples beyond calculus is a valuable tool for students looking to expand their mathematical knowledge and skills. It offers additional practice and application of advanced concepts beyond the typical calculus curriculum, and can improve critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Topics covered may include multivariable calculus, differential equations, and other branches of mathematics. It is recommended to have a strong foundation in calculus before using a workbook with examples beyond calculus, and it can be used for both self-study and classroom use.
vd853
Hi, I need some recommendation on workbooks with MANY examples, particularly for differential equations, linear algebra, and multivar. calculus. I completed "The Humongous Book of Calculus Problems" when taking calc 1 and 2, and that was extremely helpful. Any similar books on physics would be very helpful too!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Try a Schaum's outline. It contains wealth of exercises!

I tried that, but they only have questions and answers, not much explanation on how to get there, but I will check out the newer versions.

1. What is the purpose of a workbook with examples beyond calculus?

A workbook with examples beyond calculus is designed to provide additional practice and application of mathematical concepts that go beyond the typical calculus curriculum. It can help expand your knowledge and understanding of advanced mathematical topics and prepare you for more advanced courses or real-world applications.

2. How can a workbook with examples beyond calculus benefit me as a student?

A workbook with examples beyond calculus can benefit you as a student by providing you with more challenging and diverse problems to solve. It can also help you develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as improve your ability to apply mathematical concepts to different scenarios.

3. Are there any specific topics that are covered in a workbook with examples beyond calculus?

The topics covered in a workbook with examples beyond calculus may vary, but they often include advanced calculus concepts such as multivariable calculus, differential equations, and vector calculus. Additionally, it may cover topics from other branches of mathematics like linear algebra and discrete mathematics.

4. Are there any prerequisites for using a workbook with examples beyond calculus?

It is recommended to have a strong foundation in calculus before using a workbook with examples beyond calculus. This means having a solid understanding of concepts such as derivatives, integrals, and limits. Some workbooks may also require knowledge of basic algebra and trigonometry.

5. Can a workbook with examples beyond calculus be used for self-study or is it better for classroom use?

A workbook with examples beyond calculus can be used for both self-study and classroom use. However, it may be more beneficial to use it in a classroom setting as it allows for discussions and explanations with a teacher or classmates. Self-study can also be effective, but it may require more discipline and motivation to complete the exercises on your own.