LASIK with a Laugh: Spishak Products from MadTV

• Optical
  • Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a funny advertisement for "Spishak" products, specifically LASIK at home. The participants find it humorous and point out some giveaways that make it seem fake, such as selling Valium online and the disclaimer at the bottom. They also note the doctor wearing glasses in the ad.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This reminds me of those Spishak products advertised on MadTV:

http://www.lasikathome.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That's pretty funny. The nice thing about it is that there are few giveaways that make it look fake. The only thing that I notice is the "Don't blink!" and the fact that they're allegedly selling Valium over the Internet. :biggrin:

I like how in the instructions they put a * next to "Perform the painless procedure."

Then at the bottom they put "*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ha ha, I just noticed that the doctor is wearing glasses!

"Femtosecond/excimer laser"

1. What is "LASIK with a Laugh: Spishak Products from MadTV"?

"LASIK with a Laugh: Spishak Products from MadTV" is a comedic skit from the popular television show MadTV that parodies LASIK eye surgery and promotes fictional products from the Spishak company.

2. Is "LASIK with a Laugh: Spishak Products from MadTV" a real LASIK procedure?

No, "LASIK with a Laugh: Spishak Products from MadTV" is a satirical skit and does not represent a real LASIK procedure. It is meant for entertainment purposes only.

3. What are some examples of Spishak products featured in the skit?

Some examples of Spishak products featured in the skit include the "LASIKinator," a laser eye surgery machine that also makes smoothies, and "Spishak's Instant Vision," a pill that supposedly gives instant perfect vision.

4. Is "LASIK with a Laugh: Spishak Products from MadTV" appropriate for all ages?

This skit is meant for mature audiences and may not be appropriate for all ages due to its comedic and satirical nature.

5. Can I actually purchase any of the Spishak products featured in the skit?

No, the Spishak products featured in the skit are fictional and cannot be purchased in real life.