HELP? popped blood vessel (i think?)

In summary, a person tried to pop a pimple on their nose and ended up with a red/purple circular dot on the tip of their nose. This is likely due to popping a blood vessel and should go away within 3-5 days like a normal bruise. If it does not fade, further medical attention may be needed.
bcl62
So, the other day i was popping a small pimple on the middle to upper part of my nose. A few minutes later on the very tip of my nose (not where the pimple was) a circular dot about the size of a dime appeared. It is redish/purplish in color. It has been present for about 2 days and still looks the same. Is the idea that i tried to hard to pop the pimple and eneded up popping a blood vessel in my nose sound logical? If so, how long before this goes away? I do not prefer to look like Rudolph for much longer...

Biology news on Phys.org
Yes, that's likely what happened given the timing and color. It should go away as quickly as any other bruise you get. If it doesn't, then you might want to get it checked out, but I wouldn't be worried yet unless it hasn't started fading within 3-5 days.

It is possible that you may have popped a blood vessel in your nose while trying to pop the pimple. This can happen when there is too much pressure applied to the skin. The redish/purplish circular dot you are describing could be a bruise caused by the burst blood vessel. This should go away within a week or two as the body reabsorbs the blood. In the meantime, you can apply a cold compress to the area to help reduce swelling and promote healing. If the spot becomes painful, swollen, or does not improve after a couple of weeks, it is best to consult a doctor for further evaluation. In the future, it is important to be gentle when trying to pop pimples and to avoid using excessive force.

What is a popped blood vessel?

A popped blood vessel, also known as a ruptured blood vessel, occurs when a small vein or capillary bursts and blood leaks into the surrounding tissue. This can happen in any part of the body and is usually not serious, although it can be painful and cause bruising.

What are the symptoms of a popped blood vessel?

The most common symptom of a popped blood vessel is bruising, which can range in color from red to purple to black. You may also experience pain or tenderness in the affected area.

What causes a popped blood vessel?

A popped blood vessel can be caused by a variety of factors, including injury, strenuous physical activity, high blood pressure, and certain medical conditions such as diabetes or blood disorders. It can also occur spontaneously without any obvious cause.

Is a popped blood vessel dangerous?

In most cases, a popped blood vessel is not dangerous and will resolve on its own within a few days to a week. However, if you experience frequent or severe ruptures, or if the bruising is accompanied by other symptoms such as dizziness or difficulty breathing, it is important to seek medical attention.

How is a popped blood vessel treated?

Treatment for a popped blood vessel typically involves rest, ice, and elevation of the affected area to reduce swelling and pain. Over-the-counter pain relievers may also help. If the ruptured vessel is in a visible area and causing cosmetic concerns, laser therapy or other cosmetic procedures may be recommended.