Calculus tools I have found helpful

In summary, some common tools used in Calculus include graphing calculators, scientific calculators, ruler or straight edge, protractor, compass, and a pencil or pen for taking notes and solving problems. A graphing calculator can be helpful in Calculus for graphing equations and functions, saving time, and performing complex calculations. Having a ruler and protractor can be useful for drawing precise and accurate graphs and diagrams, while a compass can aid in drawing circles and arcs and measuring angles. There is no specific brand or model of calculator required for Calculus, but it is recommended to check with your instructor for permitted calculators on exams.
Saladsamurai
for checking partial fractions, integrals and systems of equations

http://calc101.com/webMathematica/partial-fractions.jsp#topdoit"
http://integrals.wolfram.com"
http://www.gregthatcher.com/Mathematics/GaussJordan.aspx"

Have fun!

Mentors, if there is a better spot for this, feel free to move it there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Cheers, the integrals one is helpful for me.

I wish I would had this when I took calculus :bugeye:

1. What are some common tools used in Calculus?

Some common tools used in Calculus include graphing calculators, scientific calculators, ruler or straight edge, protractor, compass, and a pencil or pen for taking notes and solving problems.

2. How can a graphing calculator be helpful in Calculus?

A graphing calculator can be helpful in Calculus because it allows you to graph equations and functions, which can help visualize and better understand the concepts being studied. It can also perform complex calculations and can save time when solving more complicated problems.

3. Why is having a ruler and protractor useful in Calculus?

Having a ruler and protractor can be useful in Calculus for drawing precise and accurate graphs and diagrams. This can be especially helpful when plotting points, drawing tangent lines, or visualizing geometric shapes.

4. How can a compass be beneficial in Calculus?

A compass can be beneficial in Calculus for drawing circles and arcs, as well as measuring angles and constructing geometric shapes. This can be helpful when working with polar coordinates, conic sections, or other advanced topics in Calculus.

5. Do I need to use a specific brand or model of calculator for Calculus?

No, you do not need to use a specific brand or model of calculator for Calculus. As long as your calculator has the necessary functions and capabilities, it can be used effectively in Calculus. However, it is always a good idea to check with your instructor to make sure the calculator you choose is allowed for use on exams.