My too good to be true deal was too good to be true

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: Thanks for the help everyone.In summary, the author bought a DVD burner from Radio Shack, but it does not work and the website for the company no longer exists. He was able to find drivers and firmware online.
tribdog
I bought a dvdrw drive from radio shack. They had it in a bin of items they were no longer going to stock. It cost me 10 dollars. I stuck it in my computer and my computer recognized it as a Mad Dog TF-dvdrw tsh652n. It reads cds and dvds just fine, but won't burn either of them and the lightscribe feature doesn't work. I went to Mad Dog's website and apparently they aren't in business anymore because the website doesn't exist. Any ideas?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Buy something that works? :uhh: :smile:

Try setting it on fire.

Try installing updated drivers if you can locate any.

Heh, WYGIWYPF :devil:

Thanks everyone. Boy I knew I could count on physicsforums to help me out.

You shouldn't need drivers for an IDE DVd burner (except maybe for the lightscribe)
Probably a faulty write circuit/laser, still $10 for a DVD-rom isn't bad and if you add a new (working!) writer for $30 you have a great system for making 'backups'.

This worked for me:
LJ060401drive.jpg

Oh save data to it.

I thought he was looking to completely destroy his drive beyond any hope of repair.

I misread.

99.9% of the time, you get what you pay for. If they went out of business, the only thing I can think of would be to scour the internet for drivers and firmware for 'tsh652n'.

tribdog said:
Thanks everyone. Boy I knew I could count on physicsforums to help me out.

yeah man...we're here for you

Don't you people understand? This IS my attempt to find drivers and firmware. I used to be able to come here and ask a question about something like the trajectory of a baseball and about an hour later I'd have an answer, season tickets to the Brewers and a signed Pete Rose rookie card. When did you all get so lazy? C'mon do my work for me.

You don't want a Pete Rose rookie card - it is never going to be worth the big bucks since they will never let him into the hall.

tribdog said:
When did you all get so lazy? C'mon do my work for me.

funny irony is funny

tribdog said:
Don't you people understand? This IS my attempt to find drivers and firmware. I used to be able to come here and ask a question about something like the trajectory of a baseball and about an hour later I'd have an answer, season tickets to the Brewers and a signed Pete Rose rookie card. When did you all get so lazy? C'mon do my work for me.

Okay, here you go lazy bones. Don't do this again though.
http://tribdog.justgotowned.com/"

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

What is a "too good to be true" deal?

A "too good to be true" deal is an offer or opportunity that seems too advantageous or beneficial to be real or legitimate.

Why do people fall for "too good to be true" deals?

People may fall for "too good to be true" deals because they are enticed by the promise of a great bargain or opportunity, or they may not fully understand the risks and consequences involved.

How can I spot a "too good to be true" deal?

Signs of a "too good to be true" deal may include unrealistic promises, high pressure sales tactics, and requests for personal information or money upfront.

What are the dangers of falling for a "too good to be true" deal?

Falling for a "too good to be true" deal can result in financial loss, identity theft, or other negative consequences. It is important to thoroughly research and consider any offer before committing to it.

What should I do if I realize that my deal was too good to be true?

If you realize that your deal was too good to be true, it is important to take immediate action to protect yourself. This may include reporting the scam or fraudulent activity to the authorities and seeking legal assistance if necessary.