How can Capture Text form image file and save it as txt file or word file

In summary, to capture text from an image file, you can use an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software. These software are available for free or for purchase and can extract text from images. Most OCR software allow you to save the extracted text as a txt or word file, which can be opened and edited in any text editor. However, the image file should be clear and of good quality for accurate extraction. Some OCR software also have handwriting recognition capabilities, but the accuracy may vary depending on the handwriting style and image quality.
markone2
i scanned french document and save it as image file to translate it
but how can Capture Text form image and save it as txt file or word file
which software will without need the scanner ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
The technology that you are looking for is called OCR(Optical Character Recognition), Just from a brief google search of OCR, SimpleOCR seems to be a freeware OCR program, you should check it out and see if it will do what you need.

maybe you can try the software named Vonasoft CaptureText.
also as: http://capturetext.vonasoft.com [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How can I capture text from an image file?

To capture text from an image file, you can use an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software. There are several free and paid OCR software available that can extract text from images.

2. Can I save the captured text as a txt file?

Yes, most OCR software allows you to save the extracted text as a txt file. This file can then be opened and edited in any text editor.

3. Is it possible to save the captured text as a word file?

Yes, many OCR software also offer the option to save the extracted text as a word file. This allows you to further edit and format the text according to your needs.

4. Do I need to have a specific type of image file to capture text?

The image file should be clear and of good quality for the OCR software to accurately extract the text. It is recommended to use a high-resolution image or scan of the document.

5. Can I capture text from handwritten documents or images?

Yes, some OCR software also offer handwriting recognition capabilities. However, the accuracy may vary depending on the handwriting style and quality of the image.