Someone wishes me to be silent

• Thread starter Michael Mozina
  • Start date
In summary, the problem with the surface of the sun is the same in both the other and this directory. The scientific community is not open to new ideas and tends to silence those with different perspectives. This forum does not represent the scientific community and has rules in place to prevent personal theories from being presented as facts. The internet allows for freedom of speech, but not the right to advertise personal beliefs on privately run websites. The individual in question has agreed to abide by the rules of this forum, but has disregarded them.
Michael Mozina
The problem with the surface of the sun in the other directory is the same problem with the one in this directory. The thread was closed before I could even respond. Evidently the scientific community isn't that open to new ideas. It seems to live by a "silence the heretic" mentality.

Physics news on Phys.org
wHICH POST OF YOU?

CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE THE LINK?

This forum does not 'represent' the scientific community. It has a specific mandate, clearly spelled out in the rules, eschewing personal theories. This is not a personal discrimination, it is designed to help interested readers separate education from speculation.

The wonderful thing about the web is that you have complete freedom to write whatever you want and publish it - which you did as we have all seen. But you do NOT have the right to advertise your wares wherever you want, which is what you're doing here, in this privately run site.

Michael Mozina said:
The problem with the surface of the sun in the other directory is the same problem with the one in this directory. The thread was closed before I could even respond. Evidently the scientific community isn't that open to new ideas. It seems to live by a "silence the heretic" mentality.

You are sadly misguided if you think that a PRIVATELY run website represents the "scientific community". This always happens when quacks think science is done on open public forums.

When you signed up to be a member here (you DID sign up after all, didn't you?) you EXPLICTLY agreed to abide by the rules and regulation as stipulated. Evidently, your word and agreement to go by those rules have no value.

Zz.

1. Why would someone wish for me to be silent?

There could be various reasons for this. Some people may feel threatened by your words or ideas, while others may simply prefer a quieter environment. It's important to communicate with the person and understand their perspective.

2. Should I listen to someone who wishes for me to be silent?

It ultimately depends on the situation and the person's intentions. If they are trying to manipulate or control you, it's important to stand your ground and speak up. However, if the person has valid concerns or is trying to have a respectful conversation, it may be beneficial to listen and consider their perspective.

3. How can I respond to someone who wishes for me to be silent?

A respectful and assertive response can be effective in this situation. You can calmly express your thoughts and feelings, while also acknowledging the other person's perspective. Communication is key in resolving conflicts or misunderstandings.

4. Is it always a bad thing if someone wishes for me to be silent?

Not necessarily. Sometimes, it can be a sign of respect or consideration for others. For example, if you are in a quiet place like a library or a movie theater, it's important to be silent out of courtesy for those around you. It's important to assess the situation and act accordingly.

5. How can I find a balance between being silent and speaking up?

Finding a balance between being silent and speaking up can be challenging, but it's important to consider the context and the impact of your words. It's important to speak up when it's necessary and respectful, but also to listen and be silent when it's appropriate. Practice active listening and consider the value of your words before speaking.