Calculating Air Flow in 8mm Pipe at 15psi

In summary, The conversation is about calculating air flow through pipes of different diameters and at different pressures. The speaker is looking for help finding the correct blower and using Google and online calculators for assistance. They also mention needing to convert static pressure to CFM but need more information about the system for an accurate calculation.
christianmark
Hi, i need to calculate air flow true a pipe of 8mm in diameter @ 15 psi pressure, any help?

I have a main pipe of 50mm with 7 outlets of 8mm every 300mm and i need to find the air flow to buy the correct blower.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi
Did you ever try Google?
I did and the very first hit looked like what you might want.

yes but i did not find a correct answer

Don't those calculators do what you want?

Hi i need to know how to calculate 300mmwc static pressure. I have to convert this 300mmwc static pressure to CFM.

More information needed -- please describe the system.

1. How do you calculate air flow in an 8mm pipe at 15psi?

In order to calculate air flow in an 8mm pipe at 15psi, you will need to use the Bernoulli's equation which takes into account the air pressure, density, and velocity. The equation is Q = A * v, where Q is the air flow rate, A is the cross-sectional area of the pipe, and v is the air velocity.

2. What is the formula for calculating air flow in a pipe?

The formula for calculating air flow in a pipe is Q = A * v, where Q is the air flow rate, A is the cross-sectional area of the pipe, and v is the air velocity. This formula is derived from Bernoulli's equation which takes into account the air pressure, density, and velocity.

3. How does pipe diameter affect air flow?

The pipe diameter plays a significant role in determining the air flow rate. As the diameter of the pipe increases, the cross-sectional area also increases, allowing for more air to flow through the pipe. This means that a larger diameter pipe will have a higher air flow rate than a smaller diameter pipe, assuming all other factors remain constant.

4. Can air flow in a pipe change with different pressure levels?

Yes, air flow in a pipe can change with different pressure levels. According to Bernoulli's equation, as pressure increases, the air velocity decreases. This means that at higher pressure levels, the air flow rate will be lower compared to lower pressure levels with the same pipe diameter and air velocity.

5. What units are used to measure air flow in a pipe?

The most commonly used units for measuring air flow in a pipe are cubic feet per minute (CFM) or cubic meters per hour (m3/h). These units represent the volume of air that flows through the pipe in a specific amount of time. Other commonly used units include liters per second (L/s) and cubic meters per minute (m3/min).