Proof of time travel from future to past

In summary, Today, October 6th 2011, the speaker received their first reminder about the electoral register form from the Registrar. They were instructed to contact the Registrar if they were not on the register or if their details had changed since October 15, 2011. The speaker then attempted to apply Einstein's theory of simultaneity to the concept of instantaneous contact, but ultimately concluded that the registrar must have time traveled to deliver the message. Other participants in the conversation joked about the registrar being able to know who they voted for in the future.
Studiot
Today, October 6th 2011 I received my first official reminder about the electoral register form I obviously didn't complete on 15 October 2011 from the Registrar.
He further wrote

If for any reason you have been missed off the register, or your details have changed since 15 October 2011 (for example because you have moved) you should contact us immediately.

Well after trying unsuccessfully to apply Einsteins theory of simultainity to the concept of instantaneous contact I came to the conclusion that the only rational explanation is that the registrar has very kindly traveled back in time to deliver this message today.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Proof enough for me!

Another PF first!

Looks legit to me.

I'd like to see a repeat experiment. Try reading the note again tomorrow. And again, yesterday.

And again, yesterday.

:rofl:

They can also probably tell you who you voted for in the next election, in case you have any second thoughts.

1. Is time travel possible?

At this point in time, there is no conclusive scientific evidence or theory that proves the possibility of time travel. However, some theories, such as Einstein's theory of relativity, suggest that time travel may be possible under certain conditions.

2. How can we prove that time travel has occurred?

In order to prove that time travel has occurred, we would need to observe an event or object that has traveled through time. So far, there is no concrete evidence of such an occurrence.

3. What are some proposed methods of time travel?

Some proposed methods of time travel include wormholes, time dilation, and cosmic strings. However, these are all theoretical and have not been proven to be possible at this time.

4. Are there any reported cases of time travel from the future to the past?

There have been many claims of time travel from the future to the past, but none have been scientifically verified. Many of these claims are based on personal experiences or unverifiable evidence.

5. Can time travel create paradoxes?

The concept of time travel often brings up questions about paradoxes, such as the grandfather paradox. However, it is currently unknown if time travel is even possible, let alone what effects it may have on the timeline. These questions remain a topic of debate among scientists and philosophers.