Recovering Win 8 Computer Without System Disk

In summary, the conversation revolved around the issue of a new computer with Windows 8 and the Mcafee and another program constantly popping up. The individual deleted some programs from the control panel and accidentally deleted the wireless connection, which resulted in the computer not being able to connect to the internet. They asked for advice on how to recover the system without a system disk, and it was suggested to check if the computer has built-in wireless and to ensure the driver is installed. It was also mentioned that Windows 8 has built-in software for wireless. The individual later updated that they were able to recover the system successfully.
yungman
I got my new computer with Win 8 and the Mcafee and another program keep popping up. I went on the control panel and deleted a few of the programs. Now it won't connect to the internet anymore because there is no wireless connection. I might have deleted that accidentally.

How do I recover the computer as it does not come with a system disk. It must be inside the computer, can you tell me how to recover the system?

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
Hey yungman.

Does your computer have built on wireless or not?

If it does then check that the driver is installed. If it is check that you haven't pushed a button that disables wireless at the hardware end.

Win 8 has built in software for wireless so that is all you should need to do.

Thanks, I since recover the system. I have nothing in it so far, so it's is just easy to recover that whole system. I did it already.

Thanks

1. How can I recover my Windows 8 computer without a system disk?

In order to recover your Windows 8 computer without a system disk, you can use the built-in recovery options provided by Windows. This includes using the "Reset this PC" feature, which allows you to reset your computer to its factory settings without the need for a system disk.

2. What if my computer does not have the "Reset this PC" feature?

If your computer does not have the "Reset this PC" feature, you can try using the system restore function. This allows you to restore your computer to a previous point in time when it was working properly. However, this will only work if you have previously created restore points on your computer.

3. Can I use a recovery USB drive instead of a system disk?

Yes, you can use a recovery USB drive to recover your Windows 8 computer. You will need to create a recovery drive using another computer and then use it to boot your computer and access the recovery options.

4. Will recovering my computer without a system disk delete all my files?

Yes, recovering your computer without a system disk will result in the deletion of all your files and programs. It is important to backup your important files before proceeding with the recovery process.

5. Can I recover my computer without losing my Windows license?

If your computer came with Windows pre-installed, your license should be tied to your motherboard and you will not lose it during the recovery process. However, if you have purchased and installed Windows separately, you may need to reactivate your license after recovering your computer without a system disk.