Automobile Deceleration Problem

In summary, the conversation is about finding the time and distance traveled by an automobile while decelerating at a rate of 6.00 m/s2. The person is asking for help with the calculations and expresses frustration with not being able to find the answer. They also mention using the formula s = 1/2 at^2 and offer to provide more help if needed.
mr1214
Hey! I have this question that I can't find the answer to anywhere!

The Brakes of an automobile can decelerate at 6.00 m/s2. a) How many seconds are required to stop the automobile if it is traveling at a rate of 27.0 m/s? b) How many meters does the automobile travel during this deceleration? :frown: Can you help me please...I'm lost!

Physics news on Phys.org
A deceleration of 6m/2^2 means that every second the velocity decreases by 6m/s. When something travels at 27m/2 I hope you can figure out after how many seconds the velocity is zero...

For the amount of metres traveled you can use following formula for constant acceleration a for a time t

[tex]s=\frac{1}{2}at^2[/tex]

what is the thing that you are not getting through, because the question is very easy and you just have to apply formulae. you will get separate help if you think you need clarity in a concept. but for that you will have to express yourself

What is the "Automobile Deceleration Problem"?

The "Automobile Deceleration Problem" refers to the issue of cars suddenly losing speed or coming to a complete stop unexpectedly while driving.

What causes the "Automobile Deceleration Problem"?

There can be various causes for the "Automobile Deceleration Problem", including faulty sensors, engine problems, transmission issues, or problems with the fuel system.

How can the "Automobile Deceleration Problem" be diagnosed?

The "Automobile Deceleration Problem" can be diagnosed by running a diagnostic test on the car's computer system, checking for error codes, and conducting a visual inspection of the car's components.

Can the "Automobile Deceleration Problem" be fixed?

Yes, the "Automobile Deceleration Problem" can be fixed depending on the cause. It may require repairing or replacing specific parts, such as the sensors, engine, or fuel system.

How can the "Automobile Deceleration Problem" be prevented?

To prevent the "Automobile Deceleration Problem", regular maintenance and check-ups of the car are essential. This includes checking and replacing worn-out parts, keeping the fuel system clean, and addressing any warning signs or issues promptly.