Advanced Extension Physics Past Papers Needed - AEA

• Thread starter alias25
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Papers
In summary, the person is looking for Advanced Extension physics past papers and has already checked the specimen and 2002 paper. They are asking for help in finding more past papers and mention a website that has 4 sets of papers from 2003-2006.
alias25
hi
Does anyone have any Advanced Extension physics past papers?
other than the specimen and 2002 paper which i have...i looked at them and they look scary! silly teacher(not really) put me in for the exam.
before next week thursday would be helpful.
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Beyond what your school or college may have I doubt there will be anywhere on the internet with past papers. You could try the website of whatever exam board you're sitting it with. Also if you state what subjectts are likely to be on the past paper perhaps people could furnish you with similar exams such as foundation year courses past papers from universities.

http://www.freeexampapers.com/Dndex.php?d=QUVBL1BoeXNpY3M=

they have 4 sets of papers

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the purpose of the Advanced Extension Physics exam?

The purpose of the Advanced Extension Physics exam, or AEA, is to assess a student's understanding and application of advanced physics concepts and principles. It is typically taken by students in the United Kingdom as a supplement to their A-level physics exams.

2. Where can I find past papers for the AEA exam?

Past papers for the AEA exam can be found on the official website of the exam board, as well as on various educational websites and resources. Some may require a membership or fee to access, while others may offer them for free. It is also helpful to ask your teacher or school for past papers.

3. How are the AEA exams structured and what topics do they cover?

The AEA exam is divided into two papers, each lasting 2 hours and 30 minutes. The first paper focuses on theoretical concepts and calculations, while the second paper focuses on practical applications and experiments. The topics covered include mechanics, electricity, waves, quantum physics, and thermal physics.

4. Are there any tips for preparing for the AEA exam?

Some tips for preparing for the AEA exam include practicing with past papers, reviewing key concepts and equations, and seeking help from teachers or tutors if needed. It is also important to manage your time effectively during the exam and to read and understand the questions carefully before answering.

5. Do I need to have taken a specific course or have prior knowledge to take the AEA exam?

While it is recommended to have a solid understanding of A-level physics before taking the AEA exam, it is not a requirement. However, having a strong foundation in physics will greatly benefit your performance on the exam. It is also helpful to have knowledge in mathematics, including calculus and trigonometry.