What is the Best Maple Guide for Advanced Mathematical Study?

• Maple
  • Thread starter rubrix
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Maple
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Maple for a course next semester, covering topics such as Vectors, Matrices, Differential Equations, Power Series Solutions, Special Functions, and Linear and Nonlinear Differential Equations. The speaker is new to using Maple and is seeking recommendations for books or guides to help them learn the software more effectively. They receive suggestions for resources such as Advanced Mathematical Methods with Maple and Introduction to Maple, as well as the advice to consult the manual for additional functions and parameters.
rubrix
A course i'll be taking next semester might using maple to surf through following topics:

* Vectors and Vector Calculus

* Matrices and Rotations

* Differential Equations

* Power Series Solutions of Differential Equations

* Special Functions and Generalized Fourier Series

* Linear Systems of Differential Equations

* Nonlinear Differential EquationsI have used maple before, in Multivariable Calculus, but that was a while ago...and all we did in there was plot graphs. Point being, I'm as good as a newbie here.

I have maple in my laptop but i don't know where to begin. Sometimes i just kick off w/ whatever i find in google but that doesn't seem as progressive.

So, i would like a book/guide for maple that i can study, work through, and get a clue of what's happening.

All comments, suggestions will be much appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
anyone?

You might try Advanced Mathematical Methods with Maple by D. Richards. The first three chapters are a nice introduction to Maple.

Another good reference is Introduction to Maple by Andre Heck. It covers a lot of topics and has a lot of code interspersed in the text.

I also find that with Maple it helps to scour the manual pages related to your topic. There are a lot of functions that do a lot of not so obvious things and all of these functions seem to have many optional parameters. Good Luck!

What are some recommended Maple books/guides for beginners?

Some recommended Maple books/guides for beginners include "Maple by Example" by Martha L. Abell and James P. Braselton, "Maple for the Calculus Student" by Frederick H. Soon, and "Maple V by Example" by Martha L. Abell and James P. Braselton.

Are there any Maple books/guides specifically for advanced users?

Yes, there are several Maple books/guides for advanced users such as "Advanced Engineering Mathematics with Maple" by John H. Mathews, "Maple V Programming Guide" by K. Schreiber and R. M. Corless, and "Advanced Maple: Getting More from Maple" by Robert J. Lopez.

What is the best way to learn Maple?

The best way to learn Maple is to start with a beginner-friendly book or guide, and then practice using the software to solve problems and complete projects. Taking online courses or attending workshops can also be helpful in learning Maple.

Are there any free resources available for learning Maple?

Yes, there are some free resources available for learning Maple such as online tutorials, video tutorials, and Maple help files. There are also some open-source Maple books/guides available for download.

Can I use Maple for purposes other than mathematics?

Yes, Maple can be used for purposes other than mathematics such as data analysis, physics simulations, and creating interactive visualizations. There are also books/guides available specifically for using Maple in these fields.