Non-flow process with steam (Constant Pressure)

In summary: Wet steam, when heated at constant pressure, does not remain as it is. It becomes drier, which means there is more steam in the water-steam mixture. And if you have more steam, with pressure and temperature constant, what happens to its volume?with more steam, i think the volume will increase.
The specific properties of a superheated steam are normally tabulated in separate tables for selected values of pressure and temperature. For steam in the superheated region, temperature and pressure are independent properties. When the temperature and pressure are given for superheated steam then the state is defined and all the properties can be found.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, that is fine, but how does one MAKE superheated steam?

From 1 of my book example, it says ts2>ts (stage 2 temp > stage 1) to be superheated.

So for this question, stage 1 at 8 bar=170.4°C. I am only given Stage 2 volume which is 0.018m3. How can I use it to help me find the temperature?

You heat the steam at constant pressure, so you know that as well.

is the stage 2 temperature 359.39°C?

Should be correct, i got the final answer.. Hmm this type of question are harder than those guiding you to find "the dryness fraction of the steam after cooling"

Any tips for tackling this type of question? Sometimes I get confused+exam pressure then everything goes down hill..

You seem to be a little unsure about what all those things really mean. Wet steam, dry steam, saturated steam, superheated steam, and how one changes into another. Review that. Make sure you can explain every step you made solving these problems.

Thanks voko, thank you for your time and help.