Learn AutoCAD: Step-by-Step Instructions and 3D Design Help

In summary, if you are a beginner, Autocad is a good program to learn, but don't rely too much on 3D models. If you are an experienced user, AutoCAD is a good program to use, but don't rely too much on it.
Eng_Luqman
Dear ... Physics Forums ...

I need a website to learn the principles of how to use AutoCAD Program ((( Step By Step )))

As a website or as a peroids Newsletters ...

I have also a problem in how to learn ((( 3D ))) AutoCAD ...

Yours ...

Eng. Luqman

Engineering news on Phys.org
I've never seen free AutoCAD, but I have seen cheap student versions for less than $80.

If you already have it, and want to learn to use it, it usually has a tutorial.

If you already know how to use it, but want to learn to use it well, the only way I know is how I learned - do it a lot.

Njorl

I know there's a pretty good online tutorial somewhere. I think I have it bookmarked in my office computer. Will check when I get there...

Best way to learn Autocad is to jump right in and start making drawings. Whenever you have a problem, you can use the Help that comes with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Texts for learning AutoCad:

Mastering AutoCAD by George Omura, published by SYBEX

Inside AutoCAD Original Authors D. Raker and H. Rice special edition by Rusty Gesner with assitance from Jim Boyce.

Inside AutoCAD by D. Raker and H. Rice (This is a very old one)

AutoCAD Desktop Companion, Robert M. Thomas, SYBEX Ready Referenece Series.

AutoCAD Quick Reference, by Brenda L. French, QUE Corporation

Have fun,
Pfft

Last edited:

just use the manual

Was it really worth bothering to register, necro a thread that is a billion years old just to post a four word comment that is not even remotely witty?

The perfect thread necromancy storm...

- A 5 year old, useless thread
- resurrected by a first time poster
- who had absolutely nothing worth while to post.

akuku got 2 replies right? LOL Some people feel so small that the 2 replies this poster has gotten (now 3) improve their self image. And in all fairness Fred, it might not have ever ocurred to the OP of this thread to 'use the manual'. :rofl:

I'm not sure what to make of the last three post, :confused: even if the thread is old, the question was valid, one answer produced two links that are still active and good.

Someone like me sees this today and it produces a positive results just as helpful as if it was posted yesterday. I have found a lot of good help and study info from responses, by someone, to threads several years old that I would never have known were in the history of PF.:smile:

Ron

I agree Ron, but if I were akuku, I wouldn't have posted unless the info I found in this thread was useful to me. Then I would have explained this. It looks to me like akuku simply wanted to belittle someone and see the word 'akuku' on the internet.

FredGarvin said:
The perfect thread necromancy storm...

- A 5 year old, useless thread
- resurrected by a first time poster
- who had absolutely nothing worth while to post.

A Haiku for Akuku?

(Yes, I also contributed absolutely nothing to this thread, save for increasing my post count--unless this message/thread gets deleted).

Ahem, just in case someone might find them useful...
I got pretty good mileage out of the Autocad for dummies books. I was however an absolute beginner.

AutoCAD 3D is not very useful IMO. If you are a designer, get into a 3D modeling software. Inventor, Solidworks, Pro-E, Solidedge. If you are a student you should be able to pick up a student version of one of these cheap. Much more useful than AutoCAD.

1. What is AutoCAD and why is it important?

AutoCAD is a computer-aided design (CAD) software used for creating 2D and 3D designs. It is important because it allows for precise and efficient creation of technical drawings and models, which are essential in various industries such as architecture, engineering, and construction.

2. Is AutoCAD difficult to learn?

Like any software, AutoCAD requires some time and effort to learn. However, with proper instruction and practice, it is not overly difficult to become proficient in using it. With this step-by-step guide and 3D design help, you will be able to learn AutoCAD efficiently and effectively.

3. What are the benefits of learning AutoCAD?

Learning AutoCAD can open up a wide range of career opportunities in various industries. It also allows for faster and more accurate creation of technical drawings and models, leading to increased productivity and cost savings. Additionally, knowing AutoCAD can give you a competitive edge in the job market.

4. Can I use AutoCAD for 3D design?

Yes, AutoCAD has robust 3D design capabilities. With this guide, you will learn how to create 3D models and designs using AutoCAD. It is important to note that AutoCAD is not a 3D modeling software like Maya or Blender, but it is still a powerful tool for 3D design.

5. Do I need any prior experience to learn AutoCAD?

No, you do not need any prior experience to learn AutoCAD. This guide is designed for beginners, and it will walk you through the basics of using AutoCAD step-by-step. However, having a basic understanding of computer-aided design and drafting principles can be helpful.