Help Needed: Find QE of Mo & Te for 5 eV Photons

In summary, the speaker is asking for help in finding the quantum efficiency for Molybdenum and Tellurium at 250 nm and providing a source for the information. They have experimental values but are unsure of their accuracy and are looking for published data for comparison.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Hi Everyone,

I need a big favor for those of you willing to do a bit of hunting.

I have a rather old paper that cites the quantum efficiency (or quantum yield) of Molybdenum and Tellurium for 250 nm photons. I also have experimental values for those two. They just don't make any sense to me.

The favor you can do for me is to find the QE for both of them at that photon energy (~5 eV). If you can give me the citation on the source, I'd appreciate it very much. My hunt on various sites to double check these values haven't turned out anything worthwhile.

Thanks!

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks Gokul. That might help in the comparison. However, I still need something that has been published. So keep it coming if something else pops up.

Zz.

1. What is QE?

QE stands for quantum efficiency. It is a measure of how efficiently a material can convert incident photons into photoelectrons.

2. What is the significance of finding QE for Mo & Te for 5 eV photons?

The quantum efficiency of a material determines its suitability for various applications such as solar cells, photodetectors, and imaging devices. Knowing the QE of Mo & Te for 5 eV photons can help determine their potential use in these applications.

3. How is QE measured?

QE is typically measured by shining light of a specific wavelength onto a material and measuring the resulting current or charge produced. This can be done using specialized equipment such as a spectrometer or photodiode.

4. What factors can affect QE?

The quantum efficiency of a material can be affected by various factors such as the material's bandgap, surface defects, impurities, and temperature. These factors can influence the material's ability to absorb and convert photons into electrons.

5. What is the relevance of 5 eV photons in this context?

The energy of the incident photons is an important factor in determining the QE of a material. 5 eV photons fall within the visible light spectrum and are commonly used in many applications. Therefore, knowing the QE of Mo & Te for 5 eV photons can provide valuable information for their potential use in these applications.