Confused about Grade 12 Physics Questions? Get Help Here!

In summary: So, in summary, the answer to the first question is e) the car does not accelerate. And for the second question, the answer is False. The acceleration through the turn is directed towards the center of the circle, which is neither south nor east, but a combination of both. I hope this helps!
Callistal
I know I know. This question must be uber easy in the eyes of you genius'. But the truth is - I'm taking grade 12 physics when I practically failed grade 11(well, I got 51...I wasn't trying, I swear!) so getting some of the concepts can get very confusing...and frustrating! Nonetheless, I need your help my good physics ebuddies!

1) A car is traveling north when it enters a curve. It maintains a constant speed and leaves the curve traveling east. The direction of the car's acceleration is

a)south -east b)north-east c)east d)south e) the car does not accelerate

I'm pretty sure the answer to thsi question is north east, however, since I never recall answering this type of question, I want to make sure.

2) A car drives with constant speed around a corner. If it enters the corner traveling west and leaves traveling south, the acceleration through the turn is directed south-east.
True or False??

I think its true...but I am not sure! haha

Thanks a tun!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Callistal, welcome to PF.
When ever a particle is moving in a circular orbit with uniform speed, the acceleration is always towards the center of the circle.

What is Grade 12 Physics?

Grade 12 Physics is a course that covers the fundamental concepts and principles of physics at a high school level. It typically includes topics such as mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and modern physics.

Why do students struggle with Grade 12 Physics questions?

Students may struggle with Grade 12 Physics questions for various reasons. Some may find the concepts difficult to understand, while others may struggle with the math involved. Additionally, the fast pace of the course and the amount of content covered can also contribute to students' difficulties.

How can I get help with Grade 12 Physics questions?

There are many resources available for students who need help with Grade 12 Physics questions. These can include online tutoring, study groups, and seeking help from a teacher or tutor. There are also many websites, videos, and practice problems available for free online.

What are some common topics that students struggle with in Grade 12 Physics?

Some common topics that students struggle with in Grade 12 Physics include electric and magnetic fields, vector analysis, and quantum mechanics. These topics often involve complex mathematical calculations and abstract concepts, making them challenging for many students.

How can I improve my understanding of Grade 12 Physics?

Improving understanding in Grade 12 Physics requires consistent practice and effort. It can be helpful to review notes and class material regularly, and to actively engage in problem-solving and concept application. Seeking help from a teacher or tutor and utilizing additional resources can also aid in understanding and improving grades.