Interaction Between the Higgs and the Graviton

In summary, the conversation is about the relationship between the Higgs boson and the Graviton, and the potential interaction and effects of the Graviton. The person asking the question has already searched for information on Google and is asking for additional resources or theories.
Livermorium-K
Recently, I was surfing Youtube looking for scientific videos, and I came across one on black holes. Naturally, I figured I'd already heard it all before, but decided i might as well watch it anyways. At one point, it talked about black holes making "dents" in space-time due to its its gigantic mass, which means that it has an immense gravitational pull (or something to that effect, I was only half-listening so forgive me if I messed that up).

Now, I'd heard that kind of statement hundreds of times before, but this time, it got me thinking. Now that we've found the Higgs boson, what exactly is its relation to the Graviton? Since the Higgs field causes mass and large amounts of mass cause gravity, I'm sure that there must be some relationship, but what kind is clearly beyond my imagination. A quick search of Google got me nowhere fast, so I came here.

What is the relation between the Higgs and the Graviton? Can you direct me to any other threads, articles, or theories about it? Also, does the Graviton, theoretically at least, interact with itself like the Higgs boson, W boson, and Gluon do?

Physics news on Phys.org
There are two other threads on this, on the front page of this very section. (High Energy, Nuclear, Particle Physics)

1. What is the Higgs boson?

The Higgs boson is a fundamental particle in the Standard Model of particle physics that is responsible for giving other particles their mass through interactions with the Higgs field.

2. What is the graviton?

The graviton is a hypothetical particle that is postulated to be the carrier of the gravitational force in quantum field theory. It is predicted by the theory of general relativity, but has not yet been observed.

3. How do the Higgs and graviton interact?

The Higgs and graviton do not directly interact with each other. The Higgs field gives particles their mass, which in turn affects the curvature of spacetime and the behavior of the graviton as it travels through it.

4. Can the Higgs boson and graviton be detected in the same experiment?

No, the Higgs boson and graviton have very different properties and characteristics, so they cannot be detected in the same experiment. The Higgs boson was discovered in 2012 at the Large Hadron Collider, while the graviton has yet to be directly observed.

5. What are the implications of the interaction between the Higgs and graviton?

The interaction between the Higgs and graviton plays a crucial role in our understanding of the fundamental forces and particles in the universe. It helps to explain the origin of mass and the behavior of gravity at a microscopic level. Further research and experimentation on this interaction could lead to new discoveries and advancements in our understanding of the universe.