Find the Larger Angle A in 0<A<2pie with csc A = 5.7023 | Math Help

• Thread starter DethRose
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Trig
In summary, the conversation revolves around a trigonometry problem where the goal is to determine the larger angle A within a specific range and round the answer to 4 decimal places. The problem involves using the definition of cosecant, which is 1/sine, in order to solve the equation given. The participants of the conversation discuss the use of algebra and the properties of sine to find the correct answer. Additionally, they also briefly discuss how to attach files in a message.
DethRose
one more trig problem!

Ok here's the only question i can't figure out on my assignment:

Determine the larger angle A in the range 0<A<2pie. Round answer to 4 decimal places.

csc A = 5.7023

A = ________(radians)

what i did was pie-5.7023 but that didnt give the correct answer

help please

Physics news on Phys.org
U can't use the calculator directly.What's the definition of cosecant..?

Daniel.

cosecant(x)= 1/sin(x)

its inverse cos

No,it's inverse (one over) sinus.It's pretty delusive,but that's the definition.

Daniel.

cosecant= 1/sin
secant=1/cos
cot=1/tan

so how do i use that to solve this question?

Can u solve this equation
[tex] \frac{1}{\sin x}=5.7023 [/tex]

in the domain the problem is asking you to do it...?

Daniel.

DethRose said:
so how do i use that to solve this question?

Algebra is the short answer.

1/(sin x)=a thus (sin x)=1/a

Use the value the problem gave directly. This will yield some angle (in radians). find the second angle using the proporties of sin i.e. where in the 4 quadrants is sin + and where is it negative.

how do you attach something

Right below the blank "window" in which u write the text/body of the message u have the "Additional Options" menu where u'll find "Manage Attachments".Take a good look at the list of supported formats/extensions and keep in mind that anything over 50KB will not be uploaded;

Daniel.

1. What is a trig problem?

A trig problem is a mathematical problem that involves the use of trigonometry, which is a branch of mathematics that deals with triangles and the relationships between their sides and angles.

2. Why are trig problems important?

Trig problems are important because they have a wide range of real-world applications, such as in engineering, physics, and astronomy. Trigonometry is also a fundamental tool in various fields of science and technology.

3. How do you solve a trig problem?

To solve a trig problem, you need to identify the given information, determine which trigonometric ratio (sine, cosine, or tangent) is relevant to the problem, and use the appropriate trigonometric formula to find the missing values or angles.

4. What are the common mistakes when solving a trig problem?

Some of the common mistakes when solving a trig problem include using the wrong trigonometric ratio, using the wrong formula, not converting angles to the correct units (degrees or radians), and not following the correct order of operations.

5. How can I improve my skills in solving trig problems?

To improve your skills in solving trig problems, practice regularly, understand the concepts and formulas, and try to solve a variety of problems from different sources. It can also be helpful to seek help from a tutor or join a study group to discuss and clarify any difficulties.