Rise in room temperature over a one hour period

In summary, in a room with no cooling, measuring 5m by 4m by 2.5m, with equipment producing 65kw of heat and an ambient temperature of 20 degrees Celsius, the temperature is expected to rise by approximately 3600 degrees Celsius in one hour. However, this is not an accurate calculation and the actual temperature rise will depend on the insulation and pressure of the room.
arjal
I have a room with no cooling.

Room info : w = 5m l = 4m h= 2.5m
Heat dissipation from equipment in room= 65kw
Ambient temp = 20 degrees celcius

I need to know the temperature rise over a one hour period

Please help

Thanks

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
If the room is perfectly insulated and held at a constant pressure (not perfectly sealed), I get a back of the envelope answer that it will rise in temperature by about 3600C in an hour. Obviously, this isn't correct, but this demonstrates that the room will rapidly rise in temperature (~1 degree C per second) until the heatflow out through the walls and whatever venting system exists is equal to the heatflow in.

1. Why does the room temperature rise over a one hour period?

The room temperature rises over a one hour period due to various factors such as heat transfer from external sources, human activity, and heating systems.

2. Is a rise in room temperature over a one hour period a cause for concern?

It depends on the extent of the rise in temperature and the specific circumstances. A slight increase in temperature may be normal, but a significant and sudden increase could be a sign of a malfunctioning heating system or other issues that require attention.

3. How can I prevent a rise in room temperature over a one hour period?

To prevent a rise in room temperature, you can ensure proper insulation and ventilation, avoid using heat-generating appliances, and maintain a consistent temperature setting on your thermostat.

4. Can a rise in room temperature over a one hour period affect my health?

In extreme cases, a rise in room temperature can lead to heat exhaustion or heat stroke, which can be harmful to one's health. It is important to monitor room temperature and take necessary measures to keep it within a comfortable range.

5. How can I measure the rise in room temperature over a one hour period?

You can use a thermometer to measure the room temperature at the beginning and end of the hour and calculate the difference. There are also smart thermostats and temperature monitoring devices that can track and record temperature changes over time.