Elegant Universe TV show streaming Video

In summary, the String Theory Pioneers show on PBS discusses the theory of superstring which is a theory of the universe. Different people are discussed and different angles are shown in order to make the viewer understand it. The theory is based off of the observer's perspective and the viewer is dependent on where they look from.
Hello,

Just right click on the links above, and save target as, and it will download the files to your harddrive. All the files together is about 300 megs worth.

Lazyuser

Physics news on Phys.org
Integral said:
Here is a link to the PBS web site. where you can watch the Nova shows.

You get to see and hear the String Theory Pioneers.
I am fakhradin sefatpanah.I studied physics in kurdistan university.
I am very glad to see your link(URL=http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html)
thank you.

oh, I'm doing a research paper on superstring theory, and I have used the document as a source, can anyone tell me when did the program first air?

Am I right in thinking that Greene and Randall dated in high school?
... probably not. ^_^

How can i do to download all them ?

I just love this 3 hour documentary about the elegant universe.

linhtm, you cannot download them due to copywrite issues.

How small is the "string" compared to an atom?

thats stupid:biggrin: .string is only a imagination tool ,atom is matter:biggrin:

Raza said:
How small is the "string" compared to an atom?

It's not absolutely pinned down, but one relationship I've seen offered is Planck Length : string length :::: string length : proton diameter.

If a string was the size of a proton, then the proton would be the size of the Earth. And the Earth would be the size of the entire observable Universe.

Shekwan said:
oh, I'm doing a research paper on superstring theory, and I have used the document as a source, can anyone tell me when did the program first air?

Check the PBS website.

I just saw this miniseries and I have to say that it was quite interesting. String theory is indeed seductive. LOL

Trivial statement in part 3

The series was recently rerun on PBS.

Greene stated that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line [paraphrased] - which is technically correct only in the plane.

A geodesic is shortest distance between two points in curved space with the straight line the geodesic of the plane.

I read the book, The Elegant universe, and liked it. Although string theory seems a little stechy when it comes to sub-planck lengths, it overall does seem like an unproved version of the T.O.E.

It is really great stuff. I should add this to the Romanian portal of popularization of particle physics I created for Clubul Fizica particulelor-portal de popularizare a fizicii particulelor: http://fizicaparticulelor.ro [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
What a disappointment you can't watch this show in Sweden...