What does Maxwell Capacitance/Potential Coefficent Means?

In summary, the conversation is discussing an equation and calculation that the speaker does not fully understand. They have questions about the symmetry of the calculation and how the medium between conductors affects the capacitance. They also mention a problem involving two cables and the effect of the dielectric constant of water on the capacitance. They are confused about the need for voltage values and length in the problem.
Mrthinkindepen
Hi ,
I understand the equation and calculation and stuffs. But I can't really visualise/understand.What it does?.And I have questions like
1)Why make it symmetry to do the calculations?
1)Will the medium /Dielectric between conductor 1 and 2 affect C11/C22.Or only C12?

Thanks for your time

Physics news on Phys.org
Mrthinkindepen said:
I understand the equation

What equation? I have no idea what you're asking about. Can you explain more, or give us a link to a web page that describes it?

WIN_20140721_153809.jpg

The question goes something like this.Sorry if turns into homework
2 kabel of length 120 km goes through the sea.Two cables are 2m under the water surface and 5m apart.Plz see the attachment.
1)IF eR of water affect the coefficient of everything.My question is isn't the capacitance of line 1 wholly depends on the dimensions of inside?
2)And why give voltage values and length since the whole question is just finding the capacitance?

What is Maxwell Capacitance?

Maxwell capacitance, also known as Maxwell potential coefficient, is a measure of the ability of a material to store electrical charge. It is defined as the ratio of the change in electric displacement to the change in electric field.

What does Maxwell Potential Coefficient mean?

The Maxwell potential coefficient, also known as Maxwell capacitance, is a measure of the ability of a material to store electrical charge. It represents the relationship between electric displacement and electric field in a material.

How is Maxwell Capacitance calculated?

Maxwell capacitance can be calculated by dividing the change in electric displacement by the change in electric field. It is typically measured in units of farads per meter (F/m).

What factors affect Maxwell Capacitance?

Maxwell capacitance is affected by the material properties of a substance, such as its dielectric constant and conductivity, as well as the geometry of the material. It also depends on the frequency and temperature of the electric field applied to the material.

What is the importance of Maxwell Potential Coefficient in science and engineering?

The Maxwell potential coefficient is an important concept in science and engineering, particularly in the study of electricity and magnetism. It helps us understand the behavior of materials in the presence of electric fields and is used in the design of electrical circuits and devices.