Plotting Fresnel Integral Equations in Maple: How to Generate a Table of Values

• Maple
  • Thread starter leright
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Maple
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Maple to plot the Fresnel integral equations and the need to tabulate various x and y values of the function. The speaker asks for help in finding a solution for this and eventually discovers the use of the "seq" command and the maple spreadsheet feature.
leright
hello, I am plotting the fresnel integral equations in maple. I was able to plot them, but I also need to tabulate various x and y values of the function between x=-8.5 and x-8.5 in 0.1 increments. Is maple able to do this? I searched for "table" in the help file with no real solution. Can someone give me a hint, or a pointer? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
anyone know how I might go about doing this?

and when I try to evaluate the fresnel equation using maple at individual values of x, for instance x=2, using FresnelC(2) it just spits out "FresnelC(2)".

meh. Maple had no trouble plotting the Fresnel equations though.

use evalf(FresnelC(2)) :smile:

For a "table," you can use the seq command

<seq(<<evalf(i/10)>|<evalf(FresnelC(i/10))>>, i=-85..85)>;

will output a 171x2 matrix with columns for x and FresnelC(x) (Maple will, of course, not display the whole matrix without you instructing it to do so!).

Last edited:
I ended up using the maple spreadsheet feature. :) It worked nicely.

Thanks for your input.

All of these newfangled features make it hard to keep up! :tongue:

1. What is the purpose of plotting Fresnel integral equations in Maple?

The purpose of plotting Fresnel integral equations in Maple is to generate a table of values that can be used to visualize and analyze the behavior of the Fresnel integrals. This can help in understanding the properties and applications of these integrals in various fields such as optics, signal processing, and electromagnetic theory.

2. What are the steps involved in generating a table of values for Fresnel integrals in Maple?

To generate a table of values for Fresnel integrals in Maple, the following steps can be followed:

• Define the Fresnel integrals using the built-in functions in Maple.
  • Specify the range of values for the independent variable.
  • Use a loop or the "seq" command to compute the values of the integrals for each value in the specified range.
  • Store the results in a table or a list for further analysis.

3. Can Maple plot more complex Fresnel integral equations?

Yes, Maple can plot more complex Fresnel integral equations by using the appropriate built-in functions and specifying the necessary parameters. For example, the "FresnelC" and "FresnelS" functions can be used to plot the complex Fresnel integrals, which involve complex numbers in the integrand.

4. Can the generated table of values be exported to other software for further analysis?

Yes, the generated table of values can be exported to other software, such as Excel or MATLAB, for further analysis. Maple allows for easy export of data in various formats, including CSV and Excel files.

5. Are there any limitations to plotting Fresnel integral equations in Maple?

There are no specific limitations to plotting Fresnel integral equations in Maple. However, the accuracy and precision of the results may be affected by the chosen range of values and the computational capabilities of the hardware being used. It is always recommended to double-check the results and adjust the parameters as needed.