A different take on the Schwarzschild Metric

In summary: He has graciously offered to review the paper for me and point out any remaining errors. I have accepted his offer and I thank him very much.
DiamondGeezer
I have written a report on the Schwarzschild Metric, where I derive a version of it that I have never seen before in the literature. I have no idea whether it is correct or not.

I would like to submit it for publication except that I would first like someone much more competent than I to review it first and tell me if and where its wrong (probably the first sentence).

No, I am not a crackpot trying to prove Einstein wrong. Einstein was not wrong (at least about Relativity). Yes, I can spell Hawking and Feynman correctly. No I don't compare myself with them - or Galileo.

The great problem is that this is the Internet and there are millions of loons who think they've discovered something that has eluded other mere mortals. I am not one of those people.

The other problem with cranks is that they waste huge amounts of time, if allowed. A review of this paper should be able to identify mistakes quickly and easily within the time it takes to read the paper (about 15-20 minutes) and I do not wish to engage in a long rambling discourse on why you'll be jealous when I win the Nobel Prize.

I'm simply trying to grasp General Relativity and think I might have found something original (but I probably haven't). I've probably stumbled into an error and I'd like a kind professor or PhD to tell me where I've gone wrong so I can learn from my mistakes and so I don't send a fundamentally flawed paper off to a journal and make a complete *** of myself.

I'm asking for peer review except the peer I'm seeking knows what they're talking about. If I can grasp the concept of where I've erred then this should be all over in an hour.

If there are willing academics out there willing to spare me a few minutes of their time to explain where I went wrong, then could they please send me a PM with their e-mail address and by return I'll send the paper.

No, I don't want to discuss the paper on the Forum - I'm embarrassed enough as it is.

Physics news on Phys.org
Update:

Wallace and Mentz114 have volunteered to tear my scientific argument to shreds. If there's another academic out there who'd like to stomp on my scientific grave then send a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send the paper.

Further Update:

Wallace made an excellent suggestion that improved the paper immensely and corrected a mistake I'd made!

1. What is the Schwarzschild Metric and why is it important?

The Schwarzschild Metric is a mathematical description of the curvature of spacetime around a non-rotating, spherically symmetric mass. It is important because it is a fundamental concept in Einstein's theory of general relativity and is used to describe the behavior of gravity in the presence of massive objects.

2. How is the Schwarzschild Metric different from the traditional Newtonian model of gravity?

The Schwarzschild Metric takes into account the effects of spacetime curvature on the behavior of gravity, while the traditional Newtonian model assumes a flat spacetime. This means that the Schwarzschild Metric can accurately describe phenomena such as gravitational time dilation and the bending of light, which cannot be explained by the Newtonian model.

3. What is the significance of the event horizon in the Schwarzschild Metric?

The event horizon is a boundary around a massive object where the gravitational pull is so strong that not even light can escape. In the Schwarzschild Metric, the event horizon is located at the Schwarzschild radius, and marks the point of no return for anything that gets too close to a black hole. It is a crucial concept in understanding the behavior of black holes.

4. Can the Schwarzschild Metric be applied to objects other than black holes?

Yes, the Schwarzschild Metric can be applied to any spherically symmetric mass, not just black holes. This includes planets, stars, and even galaxies. However, the effects of spacetime curvature are more pronounced in objects with higher mass, such as black holes.

5. How has the Schwarzschild Metric been verified experimentally?

The predictions of the Schwarzschild Metric have been verified through various experimental observations, such as the bending of starlight near the Sun during a solar eclipse, the behavior of binary pulsars, and the detection of gravitational waves. These experiments provide strong evidence for the accuracy of Einstein's theory of general relativity and the Schwarzschild Metric.