Science Humor: A Wide Selection

In summary: This is because the light is being pushed down by the water. The dark is occupying more space and is therefore heavier.
heisenberg.png

Likes PWiz, lisab, nuuskur and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
Alternative ending:

alternativeending.png

Likes Silicon Waffle, PWiz, lisab and 1 other person
- "Please Einstein - when did you realize nothing can travel faster than light?"

- "It was when I trained running 100 m on the sports ground - but the time elapsed was the same however
much I tried doing better!"

Friday funny :smile:

antimatter.jpg

• Haha
Likes Demystifier, Filip Larsen, dragoneyes001 and 8 others
The-Mind-of-a-Mathematician-600x429.jpg

• Haha
Likes apostolosdt, Demystifier, Filip Larsen and 7 others
haha good one

Shamelessly stolen from NDT's Facebook page:

In Chemistry class the cylinders know more than you do because they're already graduated

The thermometers know more than the cylinders though, because they have many degrees.

Well, if you’re not part of the Solution, then you must be part of the Precipitate.​

Enigman said:
The-Mind-of-a-Mathematician-600x429.jpg
I hate that i get it

Likes Silicon Waffle
OmCheeto said:
Well, if you’re not part of the Solution, then you must be part of the Precipitate.​
I have a t-shirt with that. :woot:

Likes OmCheeto
a couple of Friday funnies to end the week ...

Heisenberg and Schrodinger.jpg

his name is rover.jpg

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11960168_870928259629695_6701786129698772564_n.jpg?oh=c59cd535745b60faf864abf35a17b4c1&oe=568DCA62

Likes DennisN and collinsmark
Integral0 said:
RE

The mother is 21 years older than the child.
In 6 years, the mother will be 5 times as old as the child.

Question: Where's the father?

answer:
-9 months . . . think about it :wink:
What?

kmacv22 said:
What?
He's implying that the father is currently in bed with the mother.

21 minus 9 months = 20.25
(20.25 + 6) / 5 = 5.25 which means that the baby is currently being conceived.

12109240_10153308937164538_1130627520090262770_n.jpg

• Haha
Likes apostolosdt, Demystifier, I like Serena and 6 others
  • Haha
Likes Demystifier and nuuskur
What is the contour integral around Western Europe?0 all the poles are in Eastern Europe.

I read a fun section in an interview with Abhay Ashtekar (theoretical physicist):
Interview said:
(Interviewer):
One of them even made a claim that alternative approaches have been incorporated to string theory and, therefore, it’s the only true theory.

(Abhay Ashtekar):
Joe Polchinski, a very prominent string theorist, he did say explicitly that – this was some years ago, at KITP [Kavli Institute of Theoretical Physics] Santa Barbara at its 25th anniversary. He said, well, string theory has incorporated everything. String theory is a little like Microsoft because at that time Microsoft was incorporating everything. He said loop quantum gravity was more like Apple. I thought it was a great complement! [Laughs] He explicitly said so. I said somehow I could accept Apple; at least Microsoft wouldn’t gobble us up!
Source: http://thewire.in/2015/10/29/good-scientists-solve-problems-but-great-scientists-know-whats-worth-solving-14279/ (The Wire, 29 Oct 2015)

...the adverb virtually is used to modify a property so that it need only hold for a subgroup of finite index. Given a property P, the group G is said to be virtually P if there is a finite index subgroup HG such that H has property P...

So, finite groups are virtually trivial. What's the big deal?

20090309after.gif

• Haha
Likes Demystifier, Sophia, PhysicoRaj and 3 others
<h2>1. What is science humor?</h2><p>Science humor is a type of comedy that uses scientific concepts, theories, and principles to create jokes and make people laugh.</p><h2>2. Why is science humor important?</h2><p>Science humor can make complex and sometimes intimidating subjects more approachable and enjoyable. It can also help scientists and non-scientists alike to see the lighter side of science and appreciate its role in our lives.</p><h2>3. What makes science humor funny?</h2><p>Science humor often uses wordplay, puns, and references to scientific concepts or experiments to create jokes. It can also poke fun at the stereotypes and quirks of scientists and their work.</p><h2>4. Are there different types of science humor?</h2><p>Yes, there are many different types of science humor, including jokes, memes, cartoons, and parodies. Some may be more visual, while others rely on clever wordplay. There are also different subcategories, such as biology humor, physics humor, and chemistry humor.</p><h2>5. Can anyone appreciate science humor?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can appreciate science humor, regardless of their level of scientific knowledge. While some jokes may require a basic understanding of scientific concepts, many are relatable and funny to a wide audience.</p>

1. What is science humor?

Science humor is a type of comedy that uses scientific concepts, theories, and principles to create jokes and make people laugh.

2. Why is science humor important?

Science humor can make complex and sometimes intimidating subjects more approachable and enjoyable. It can also help scientists and non-scientists alike to see the lighter side of science and appreciate its role in our lives.

3. What makes science humor funny?

Science humor often uses wordplay, puns, and references to scientific concepts or experiments to create jokes. It can also poke fun at the stereotypes and quirks of scientists and their work.

4. Are there different types of science humor?

Yes, there are many different types of science humor, including jokes, memes, cartoons, and parodies. Some may be more visual, while others rely on clever wordplay. There are also different subcategories, such as biology humor, physics humor, and chemistry humor.

5. Can anyone appreciate science humor?

Yes, anyone can appreciate science humor, regardless of their level of scientific knowledge. While some jokes may require a basic understanding of scientific concepts, many are relatable and funny to a wide audience.