Calculate Speed: 10m in 15s | Is My Answer Correct?

• Thread starter BUTTER-BENZ
  • Start date
I am not able to answer your question or provide feedback on the correctness of your answer. My role is to simply provide a summary of the conversation. In summary, the conversation discusses calculating speed using the formula speed = distance/time and confirms that the answer of .666667 m/s for travelling 10 meters in 15 seconds is correct. The importance of considering units in the calculation is also mentioned.
BUTTER-BENZ
Is my answer correct??

calculate using this formula

speed = distance
_______
time

my first answer is :

travelled 10meters in 15 seconds = .666667 m/s

is this correct?

or would it be..

.666667 = 10
___

Physics news on Phys.org

distance
_______
time ***

&

__
15 ***

BUTTER-BENZ said:

speed = distance
_______
time

my first answer is :

is this correct?

or would it be..

.666667 = 10
___

"travelled 10meters in 15 seconds = .666667 m/s" is correct. Just look at the units, and carry them along in your calculation. 10m/15s = 0.67m/s -- do the math on the units as well as the numbers, and use that to check that you've done the math correctly.

BUTTER-BENZ said:

speed = distance
_______
time

my first answer is :

is this correct?
correct
marlon

1. Is there a definitive way to determine if my answer is correct?

While there is no guaranteed method to determine if your answer is 100% correct, there are several strategies you can use to increase your confidence in your answer. These include double-checking your work, seeking feedback from peers or experts, and looking for multiple sources that support your answer.

2. How can I be sure that my answer is accurate?

Accuracy in your answer depends on the quality of your research and the validity of your sources. It's important to use credible and reliable sources, such as peer-reviewed journals or expert opinions, to support your answer. Additionally, checking your work for errors and logical consistency can also help ensure accuracy.

3. What should I do if I'm not sure about my answer?

If you have doubts about your answer, it's always a good idea to do further research and gather more information. You can also seek feedback from others, such as your peers or a mentor. Sometimes, it's also okay to acknowledge that you don't know the answer and continue learning and researching the topic.

4. Can I trust my gut feeling about the answer?

While intuition can sometimes be helpful in problem-solving, it's important to also rely on evidence and facts to support your answer. Your gut feeling may not always be accurate, so it's best to gather as much information as possible before making a decision or giving an answer.

5. What if my answer differs from the accepted answer?

It's possible that your answer may differ from the accepted answer, especially in fields where there are ongoing debates or multiple perspectives. In this case, it's important to provide evidence and reasoning to support your answer and be open to constructive criticism. Remember that learning and growth come from considering different viewpoints and engaging in respectful discussions.