VOTE PF photo contest- Brought to you by the number 3

In summary, there were plenty of entries in the contest thread this week and users were asked to vote for their favorite. The entries included photos from Edward, Brewnog, Marzena, Glondor, Larkspur, ZapperZ, Andre, Neutrino, Hypatia, Turbo-1, Sirzerp, and Borek. Some users had trouble choosing between the creative entries, including a three-legged dog and a vegetable square root, but ultimately Borek's photo of fading digits won the geeks' vote. The deadline for voting was Saturday.

Vote now!

• Edward

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brewnog

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Marzena

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Glondor

• Larkspur

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andre

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Neutrino

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Hypatia

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Turbo-1

• Sizerp

• Borek

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
matthyaouw
Gold Member
Plenty of entries again this week. Please vote for your fave.

1. Edward
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2136/029974r288gi2.jpg

2. Brewnog
Comp1.jpg

3. Marzena
marzena_number_3.jpg

4. Glondor
IMG_6614-1.jpg

5. Larkspur
3035698403_1961d6c42e_o.jpg

6. ZapperZ
img5038gt4.jpg

7. Andre
oup54i.jpg

8. Neutrino
pfcopy.jpg

9. Hypatia
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/hypatia3811/20080902w_engineersign04.jpg

10. Turbo-1
damnBeetles.jpg

11. Sirzerp
http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/gaptff

12. Borek
marcin_number_3a.jpg

[ninja-edit]Contest thread (thanks Gokul!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Link to contest thread --> here

My grandson insisted that we vote for Hypatia's three legged dog.:smile: Now he wants to know if we can vote twice.:biggrin:

Lots of good photos to choose from, however I succumbed to the geek-charm of Andre's creation - using 9 carrots to remind us that the square root (vegetable) of 9 is 3.

lol Edward, got to love Grandkids.

I enjoyed all the photos, a really fun topic. Guess I'm a sucker for a elephant butt.

hypatia said:
I enjoyed all the photos, a really fun topic. Guess I'm a sucker for a elephant butt.
Ewww! I must admit that neutrino's entry with three lamps with a single bird on each was in the running until the last.

Ahahahha, guess I should of worded that a bit better:blushing:

hypatia said:
Ahahahha, guess I should of worded that a bit better:blushing:

:eek::biggrin: It's okay, Hypatia, we understand.

hey guys, what's the emergency-we-need-immediate-mental-care number?

hypatia said:
Guess I'm a sucker for a elephant butt.

Butt or tail? :wink:

Dangit, I missed the entry deadline! <whimper>

turbo-1 said:
Lots of good photos to choose from, however I succumbed to the geek-charm of Andre's creation - using 9 carrots to remind us that the square root (vegetable) of 9 is 3.
Never noticed that one.

Actually, there are three photos vying for the geeks' vote. :biggrin:

Tough one again. I went with Borek. I love how the digits blur and fade off into infinity.

Votes in by saturday everyone.

1. What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF photo contest- Brought to you by the number 3"?

The purpose of the "VOTE PF photo contest- Brought to you by the number 3" is to promote awareness and engagement in the scientific community by showcasing the beauty and creativity of science through photography.

2. Who can participate in the "VOTE PF photo contest- Brought to you by the number 3"?

The "VOTE PF photo contest- Brought to you by the number 3" is open to anyone with a passion for science and photography. This includes scientists, science enthusiasts, and photographers of all levels and backgrounds.

3. How do I submit my photo for the "VOTE PF photo contest- Brought to you by the number 3"?

To submit your photo, you can visit the official website of the contest and follow the instructions for uploading your entry. Make sure to read the guidelines and rules carefully before submitting your photo.

4. What are the judging criteria for the "VOTE PF photo contest- Brought to you by the number 3"?

The judging criteria for the "VOTE PF photo contest- Brought to you by the number 3" include creativity, originality, scientific significance, and overall aesthetic appeal of the photo. The judges will also take into account the relevance to the theme and the quality of the photograph.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the "VOTE PF photo contest- Brought to you by the number 3"?

The prizes for the winners of the "VOTE PF photo contest- Brought to you by the number 3" will include cash prizes, recognition in the scientific community, and the opportunity to have their photo displayed in various scientific publications and events. The exact prizes will be announced on the official website of the contest.