Online math & physics courses (not just the material)

In summary, the format of an online math & physics course typically includes pre-recorded lectures, online quizzes and assignments, virtual labs, and discussion forums. Students can interact with the instructor through various methods such as email, discussion forums, or virtual office hours. Prerequisites for taking an online course may vary and it is important to check the course requirements before enrolling. Online exams may be administered remotely or in person at a designated testing center, and credit for completion of an online course depends on the institution and individual academic goals.
Damascus Road
Greetings all,

I'm looking for universities that offer online (distance learning) math and/or physics courses, that may be taken over the summer for example.

Anybody know of schools that offer this?

Thanks a lot!

Physics news on Phys.org
No idea where you're from, but if you live in the UK I would suggest you check out the open university.

Sorry, I'm Canadian, from Ontario.

1. What is the format of an online math & physics course?

The format of an online math & physics course can vary depending on the platform or institution offering the course. However, most online courses typically include pre-recorded lectures, online quizzes and assignments, virtual labs, and discussion forums. Some courses may also have live webinars or video conferences with the instructor.

2. How do I interact with the instructor in an online math & physics course?

In an online course, you can interact with the instructor through various methods such as email, discussion forums, or virtual office hours. Some courses may also have live Q&A sessions where you can ask questions directly to the instructor.

3. Are there any prerequisites for taking an online math & physics course?

This can vary depending on the specific course and institution. Some courses may have prerequisites in the form of prior knowledge or completion of certain courses. It is important to check the course requirements before enrolling to ensure you have the necessary background knowledge.

4. How do online math & physics courses handle exams?

Online courses may have different methods for administering exams. Some courses may have online exams that can be taken remotely, while others may require students to take exams in person at a designated testing center. It is important to check the course requirements and exam policies before enrolling.

5. Can I receive credit for completing an online math & physics course?

This depends on the institution offering the course and your individual academic goals. Some online courses may offer certificate of completion, but for credit towards a degree or certification, you will need to check with the institution to see if they accept online courses for credit.