What is the output for my simple surveying calculations?

• Thread starter kiteboy
  • Start date
In summary, the person is seeking help with some simple calculations for surveying, but they are unsure about the output they are getting. They mention it has been a long time since they have done math and they are trying to figure out the tension calculation. They provide an example and the answer they get, but they are not sure what it means. They ask for assistance and then later mention they may have figured it out.
kiteboy
Hi hope somebody can help

Have some simple calculations to do for surveying (see attachment) but not sure what the output is I am getting

Its not homework its practice really ...the formulas are given so its really just a matter of figuring out what the output is I guess not sure

Been 20 years since I've done maths anywhere near this so forgive me if this is simple for everyone

Trying to figure out the tension calculation for example

I do the following in calculator (65-50) x 28.134/1.905X2.07x10^11

The answer I get is

1.070181445X10^-9

But I have no idea what that means I am guessing its 1.07mm? Or have I done it all wrong
Can anybody help?

Attachments

• surveycalcs.jpg
    surveycalcs.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 447
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I think I may have figured it out for tension at least

Should have put 28134 rather than 28.134 so that does come out as 1.07 mm

I THINK :)

1. How can I improve my math skills?

There are many ways to improve your math skills, such as practicing regularly, seeking help from a tutor or teacher, and using online resources and tools.

2. Is it normal to struggle with math?

Yes, it is normal to struggle with math. Many people find math to be a challenging subject, but with practice and determination, anyone can improve their skills.

3. What are some basic math concepts that I should focus on?

Some basic math concepts to focus on include arithmetic, fractions, decimals, and basic algebra and geometry.

4. How can I overcome my fear of math?

One way to overcome your fear of math is to start with small, manageable problems and gradually work your way up to more complex ones. It can also be helpful to identify and challenge any negative thoughts or beliefs you have about math.

5. Are there any resources available for learning simple math?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning simple math, including textbooks, online tutorials, and educational apps. You can also seek help from a tutor or join a study group to improve your skills.