Update Ammonia Spectroscopy Data: Delta0, Delta1, Delta2, x_c, V_c, E_d

In summary, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is the best source for up-to-date data on ammonia. On their website, you can find the "Molecule of the Month" page which provides detailed information on the molecule and its properties, including the delta0, delta1, and delta2 values, as well as the x_c, V_c, and E_d values. The NIST Chemistry WebBook also contains comprehensive data and tables for ammonia, including physical constants like melting point and boiling point. Additionally, the Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data regularly publishes updated data on ammonia and other molecules, which can be accessed for free online.
intervoxel
I need updated data about ammonia. I have consulted some papers and handbooks but the information I found is incomplete or outdated, particularly about the VARIANCE of the measurements.

Essentialy, I need the following data:

delta0 - the difference between the two first states
delta1 - the difference between ground state and second excited state
delta2 - the difference between ground state and third excited state

Additionaly, it would be desirable:
x_c - height of pyramid
V_c - potential at xc
E_d - dissociation energy

If you know a good reference, please, let me know.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
The best source of up-to-date data on ammonia is the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). NIST stores data on various constants, including those related to the properties of ammonia. On their website, you can find the “Molecule of the Month” page, which provides a detailed description of the ammonia molecule and lists a number of its properties. This page includes the delta0, delta1 and delta2 values for ammonia, as well as the x_c, V_c, and E_d values. You can also find additional information about ammonia on the NIST Chemistry WebBook, which provides comprehensive data and tables for a wide range of molecules. This page includes a range of physical constants related to ammonia, such as its melting point, boiling point, density, and refractive index. Additionally, the Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data publishes papers regularly that contain updated data on ammonia and other molecules. This journal is published by the American Institute of Physics, and the papers are freely available online.

1. What is ammonia spectroscopy data?

Ammonia spectroscopy data is information gathered from analyzing the spectral lines of ammonia molecules. These spectral lines provide valuable insights into the molecular structure and properties of ammonia, such as its energy levels and vibrational modes.

2. What do Delta0, Delta1, and Delta2 represent in ammonia spectroscopy data?

Delta0, Delta1, and Delta2 are constants used to describe the vibrational energy levels of ammonia molecules. Delta0 represents the ground state energy, while Delta1 and Delta2 represent the first and second excited states, respectively.

3. How is x_c calculated in ammonia spectroscopy data?

x_c is calculated by taking the ratio of the distance between the nitrogen and hydrogen atoms in the ammonia molecule to the distance between the nitrogen and carbon atoms. This value is used to determine the degree of asymmetry in the ammonia molecule.

4. What is V_c in ammonia spectroscopy data?

V_c is a measure of the vibrational potential energy of the ammonia molecule. It takes into account the strength of the bonds between the atoms and their positions within the molecule.

5. How is E_d determined in ammonia spectroscopy data?

E_d, also known as the dissociation energy, is determined by measuring the energy required to break the bonds between the atoms in an ammonia molecule. This value is important for understanding the stability and reactivity of the molecule.

Back