Sex Injury: What to Do If You Experience Pain or Bleeding

• Medical
  • Thread starter Mentallic
  • Start date
In summary: She can still go ahead with the papsmear, provided she goes in for a checkup with her doctor first.There might be some consequences if the cut opens up and infection sets in, but other than that I presume everything will be okay.
Mentallic
Homework Helper
Let's please keep this mature and for informative purposes only.

During a party my girl and I went off to have sex. It was dark and I was intoxicated and as such I think I thrusted hard too early on. After a while she was complaining of pain so we stopped but it wasn't anything unusual because that often happens. When we got back to the party, the light revealed that I had a lot of blood on my pants. I grabbed her and went to check us out more closely and it seemed like she was probably the one bleeding and she said it hurt deep inside. As a note, it wasn't her period.

We had a thorough shower and oddly enough when I wiped myself clean I rubbed heaps of blood onto my towel, yet hers was clean. Maybe she kept bleeding onto me? I really don't know.

Anyway, I'm just taking a closer look at myself and noticed that the join between the foreskin and the knob at the underside of the penis has been torn. It hurts to pull the foreskin back too much as well. Is this a problem? Does that little skin joint have any significant purpose?

And she was going to have her first papsmear in 2 days and this obviously isn't helping her already distressed state of having to do it. Can she still go ahead with it if she has a cut inside her?

Biology news on Phys.org
What exactly are you asking for advice on?

You've torn a bit of skin. Treat it like any other bit of skin, keeping in mind the risk of infection. Keep it clean, let it heal and send your gf around to my place.

It is strange, that amount of blood though. And her experiencing pain rather than you.
Her doctor should check her out to be sure, IMO. Or, as mentioned, send her around here.

DaveC426913 said:
What exactly are you asking for advice on?
Specifically,
Mentallic said:
Does that little skin joint have any significant purpose?
Mentallic said:
Can she still go ahead with it [the papsmear] if she has a cut inside her?

DaveC426913 said:
You've torn a bit of skin. Treat it like any other bit of skin,
Well I would if it weren't a part of skin that seems to act like a joint between the penis and foreskin. There seems to be an obvious correlation between thrusting too hard and tearing that part of the skin, which I why I don't know if I should be worried about it. Are there any consequences for having that skin joint torn? And I doubt it would heal by connecting each end back together again.

DaveC426913 said:
and send your gf around to my place.
Just make sure you're wearing protection at the time, and by that I mean a cup :tongue:

DaveC426913 said:
It is strange, that amount of blood though. And her experiencing pain rather than you.
Her doctor should check her out to be sure
You know how the amount of blood present can be deceiving when soaked into a shirt or towel, but even then, her panties were drenched in it and my towel was transformed into patches with a healthy shade of crimson.
We'll be checking it out tomorrow when the papsmear appointment is scheduled for.

DaveC426913 said:
Or, as mentioned, send her around here.
Doctor qualifications, please.

Mentallic said:
Let's please keep this mature and for informative purposes only.

During a party my girl and I went off to have sex. It was dark and I was intoxicated and as such I think I thrusted hard too early on. After a while she was complaining of pain so we stopped but it wasn't anything unusual because that often happens. When we got back to the party, the light revealed that I had a lot of blood on my pants. I grabbed her and went to check us out more closely and it seemed like she was probably the one bleeding and she said it hurt deep inside. As a note, it wasn't her period.

We had a thorough shower and oddly enough when I wiped myself clean I rubbed heaps of blood onto my towel, yet hers was clean. Maybe she kept bleeding onto me? I really don't know.

Anyway, I'm just taking a closer look at myself and noticed that the join between the foreskin and the knob at the underside of the penis has been torn. It hurts to pull the foreskin back too much as well. Is this a problem? Does that little skin joint have any significant purpose?

And she was going to have her first papsmear in 2 days and this obviously isn't helping her already distressed state of having to do it. Can she still go ahead with it if she has a cut inside her?

why doesn't she just ask the doc? she might need to go in anyway if she's complaining of pain all the time. but from the sound of it, in addition to your lack of finesse, it might just be that she's not lubricated/aroused/interested. slow down, romeo. most women don't come with instant-on capability. either that, or it's the ever-dreaded vagina dentata.

it sounds like you've torn your http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenulum_of_prepuce_of_penis" . no doc here, but i imagine you'll live. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
If she is going to have papsmear I guess the doc will see if there is anything wrong with her.

But in general the only answer we are allowed here is: go see the doc.

You should make sure to keep torn skin area very clean and apply neosporin or another type of triple antibacterial ointment, several times a day. Any sign of infection, see the Doc ASAP.

The frenulum has some nerve bundles, leading to the head of the penis. Slight rips are very common, and its often the area most likely to be pinched in zippers.

My baby-birthin' wife thinks you may have poked the cervix and it bled from the insult. Apparently they do that, menses or no.

Proton Soup said:
in addition to your lack of finesse, it might just be that she's not lubricated/aroused/interested. slow down, romeo. most women don't come with instant-on capability.
You want romance in the back seat of a car down the road from the party? It's what we call a quickie and judging by my drunken state, I'm not so surprised that I forced my way through too vigorously and didn't feel enough pain to stop me from being injured.

Proton Soup said:
it sounds like you've torn your http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenulum_of_prepuce_of_penis"
Thanks, yeah this is it.

Borek said:
If she is going to have papsmear I guess the doc will see if there is anything wrong with her.
We went today and she kept it quiet, the doctor suspected it was just small amounts of discharge.

DaveC426913 said:
My baby-birthin' wife thinks you may have poked the cervix and it bled from the insult. Apparently they do that, menses or no.
She actually feels better and since the wikipedia site on the frenulum says that tearing it can cause excessive bleeding, that's probably what it was.

hypatia said:
You should make sure to keep torn skin area very clean and apply neosporin or another type of triple antibacterial ointment, several times a day. Any sign of infection, see the Doc ASAP.
Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mentallic said:
Thanks for the tip.

Tip. Somehow I find it funny.

Borek said:
Tip. Somehow I find it funny.

:rofl: Oh Borek, your keen eye for dirty jokes is very intriguing :biggrin:

1. What are some common types of sex injuries?

Common types of sex injuries include vaginal tears, penile fractures, and bruising or swelling in the genital area. These injuries can occur during any type of sexual activity.

2. What are some potential causes of pain or bleeding during sex?

Pain or bleeding during sex can be caused by a variety of factors, such as lack of lubrication, rough or forceful penetration, or an underlying medical condition like endometriosis or vaginismus.

3. When should I seek medical attention for a sex injury?

If you experience severe pain or bleeding during or after sex, it is important to seek medical attention right away. Additionally, if the pain or bleeding persists for more than a few days, it is recommended to see a healthcare provider for further evaluation.

4. How can I prevent sex injuries?

To prevent sex injuries, it is important to communicate openly with your partner about any discomfort or pain during sexual activity. Using sufficient lubrication and practicing safe and consensual sex can also help prevent injuries.

5. Can sex injuries have long-term effects?

In most cases, sex injuries will heal on their own without any long-term effects. However, in rare cases, severe injuries such as penile fractures may require surgery and could potentially impact sexual function in the future.