Are Mtech Graduates in USA and UK Paid Differently Than Engineers?

• Thread starter mkbh_10
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Usa
In summary, the earning prospects in USA or UK after completing an Mtech in mechanical engineering vary depending on the company and job responsibilities. In the US, there is a distinction between a tech and an engineer, with the former often earning a higher salary due to overtime and shift differentials. However, as one gains experience and moves up the ladder, the earning potential is limitless.
mkbh_10
How are the earning prospects in USA or UK after doing Mtech (mechanical Engineering) ?

Physics news on Phys.org
will ny1 reply to me ?

I am training to me a mechanical tech at the moment, although i am on a terrible wage (apprenticeship) when I'm out my time i should start on £24,000 a year. This is a starting wage and increase as you become more and more competent and experienced.

Hope this helps, it also changes widely from company to company.

Mike

Edit

Sorry, i see your not doing an apprenticeship, sounds like you have done a degree.

A friend of mine did a mechanical degree and has gone into project management.
His salary started at 29000, and within a year went to 32000, and he's at the bottom of the ladder.

Project management is something that my company have in line for me when I'm out my time, can't wait to start on a proper wage and make a good career for my self.

Once your in a company the limits are endless, (a big company mind)

In the US there is a big difference between a tech and an Engineer. The difference is in job responsibilities more then pay. Frequently techs are on hourly scales while Engineers are salaried. This means a tech is eligible for Overtime and shift differentials. With these pay considerations it is not uncommon for a tech to make $100K /yr. This is with a base pay of $50K = $60K. An experienced engineer will make more base pay but not have shift differentials or overtime pay.

1. What is the average salary for an mtech in USA?

The average salary for an mtech in USA varies depending on the specific field of study, job experience, and location. However, on average, the salary ranges from $75,000 to $110,000 per year.

2. Are there any scholarships or financial aid available for mtech students in USA?

Yes, there are various scholarships and financial aid options available for mtech students in USA. These include merit-based scholarships, need-based scholarships, and assistantships offered by universities or external organizations.

3. Is it possible to work while pursuing an mtech degree in USA?

Yes, it is possible to work while pursuing an mtech degree in USA. Many universities offer on-campus jobs for international students, and students can also apply for off-campus jobs with the proper work authorization.

4. What are the job prospects for mtech graduates in USA?

The job prospects for mtech graduates in USA are generally good. The demand for highly skilled professionals in various fields such as engineering, technology, and science is high in the USA, and mtech graduates are well-equipped to fill these positions.

5. Are there any specific industries or companies that prefer to hire mtech graduates?

Mtech graduates are in demand in various industries, including technology, healthcare, energy, and manufacturing. Companies such as Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Amazon are known to actively recruit mtech graduates for various positions.