HST vs Real Life: Who Will Win?

• Thread starter jetwaterluffy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of HST, which stands for the holy shonen trinity and includes One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach. The discussion also includes the power and popularity of these manga and their potential abilities in a battle. The conversation also touches on the OBD and PF forums and the debate over the literary merit of these works. Ultimately, the conversation concludes that arguing over fictional characters is pointless and that reality always wins.
jetwaterluffy
For those who don't know, HST stands for holy shonen trinity, and represents one piece, naruto, and bleach, the 3 most popular current shonen jump manga.
In this battle, the HST are spread uniformly across south america, except the ships & their crews and seakings, who are on the coast around the continent. Neither side has knowledge of the other's abilities, but they do have knowledge of their own sides, and are working together and will do anything to win.
I think that HST takes this, but what does PF think about this much-debated match-up?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
jetwaterluffy said:
For those who don't know, HST stands for [an unintelligible explanation with no context follows.]

And for those who know even less after reading the above, can you kindly tell us what you are talking about?

Antiphon said:
And for those who know even less after reading the above, can you kindly tell us what you are talking about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach_(manga)

And these are calculations (which may or may not be accurate) which might help give you an idea of the power of these fictions just look up bleach, naruto, and one piece:
However, the series does have more than that, that is just all that is calculated and archived so far in that blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe it or not, I actually have a life... however limited it might be. I therefore have no interest in this subject. I play Adventure Quest when I have nothing else to do, but I'm certainly not "involved" with it.

Are you a member of the OBD? I am also but I shall not reveal my identity.

So it's begun the OBD crew is migrating to PF forums.

Last edited:
xdrgnh said:
Are you a member of the OBD? I am also but I shall not reveal my identity.

So it's begun the OBD crew is migrating to PF forums.

Not really, I was already here before. There isn't an organised moveout or anything. My username is the same in the OBD as here. Same as how there are OBDers in KMC, CBR, etc.

all three of those shows are just pits of creativity designed to suck the money out of Japanese youths, and weeaboos in the USA

SHISHKABOB said:
all three of those shows are just pits of creativity designed to suck the money out of Japanese youths, and weeaboos in the USA

a) None of them are shows. They are japanese comics, aka manga. They are about as much shows as lord of the rings is a film series.
b) Have you read One Piece? The character depth, vastness, imagination and plot are amazing. Bleach may be lacking in creativity, but not One Piece.

SHISHKABOB said:

Have you watched any of those shows?

suggesting that naruto, bleach and one piece are works of literary merit is like saying that twilight or harry potter are too. The manga for all three of them have been going on since like... the 90s or something, and have literally no end in sight for one reason: they make a lot of money.

SHISHKABOB said:
suggesting that naruto, bleach and one piece are works of literary merit is like saying that twilight or harry potter are too. The manga for all three of them have been going on since like... the 90s or something, and have literally no end in sight for one reason: they make a lot of money.
Bleach is in it's "final arc", Naruto has a couple of arcs left, One Piece is the best of the three so naturally the writer will be struck by lightning before he finishes.

I figured this was a result of the spacebattles forums being down while they migrate to xenforo software, never been to OBD.

Arguing over fiction like this is pointless. The answer is real life would win, it's always real life would win. Because real life is real, and fiction is not. A magic fictional character capable of flying or turning invisible or summoning cheese cakes can't exist. Reality does exist. Ergo, reality wins.

There, I saved you some time and saved us some forum space :smile:

Thread closed.

1. What is HST?

HST stands for the Hubble Space Telescope, a powerful telescope located in space that has been in operation since 1990. It is used by scientists to capture images and data from distant galaxies and stars.

2. What is meant by "Real Life" in this comparison?

"Real Life" refers to the physical, observable universe that we live in. This includes all matter, energy, and living organisms on Earth and in the rest of the universe.

3. Who will win in the HST vs Real Life comparison?

This is not a competition, as HST and Real Life serve different purposes and cannot be compared in terms of "winning". HST provides valuable insights and data about the universe, while Real Life is where we exist and experience our daily lives.

4. Can HST capture images of everything in the universe?

No, HST cannot capture images of everything in the universe. It has certain limitations, such as being unable to observe objects that are too far away or too faint. Additionally, HST can only capture images of objects within its field of view.

5. How does HST contribute to our understanding of the universe?

HST has made numerous scientific discoveries and advancements in our understanding of the universe. Some of its contributions include confirming the existence of dark matter and dark energy, capturing images of distant galaxies and stars, and providing evidence for the expansion of the universe. Its data and images have also been used to study the origins and evolution of the universe.