Still getting emails I dont want

• Thread starter brenan
  • Start date
In summary, you have to disable some options in the control panel in order to stop the notifications from happening.
brenan
Hi

I have dissabled all email notifications and thread subscribing in the control panel but
I am still getting email notifications of private messages and email of thread responses
Also I have thread subscribing turned off but my control panel is showing a
thread subscribed.

How can I stop all this please?

Physics news on Phys.org
brenan said:
How can I stop all this please?

The email on PM is an option here
https://www.physicsforums.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Last edited:
OK it seems to have stopped.
Maybe it only does it on the first one.
Sorry to have jumped the gun a bit.

NOPE it seems I'm still getting emails about replies to some threads.
Can someone please take a look and put a stop to it.
Thank you.

Click "My PF"

Then "View All Subcribed Threads", its towards the right hand side of the screen.

Then to the right of the heading "Notification", there is a checkbox, tick this.

All the check boxes will become ticked.

Scroll to the box of the page.

Beside where it says "Selected Threads" there is a drop down list. Click on it and select, "No email notification"

Then click the "Go" button beside it.

Repeat for any other pages of threads, if you have any.

trollcast said:
Click "My PF"

Then "View All Subcribed Threads", its towards the right hand side of the screen.

Then to the right of the heading "Notification", there is a checkbox, tick this.

All the check boxes will become ticked.

Scroll to the box of the page.

Beside where it says "Selected Threads" there is a drop down list. Click on it and select, "No email notification"

Then click the "Go" button beside it.

Repeat for any other pages of threads, if you have any.

I did all that when I first registered
I am STILL getting these emails.
If this does not stop I will be forced to delete my account and go elsewhere.

brenan said:
I did all that when I first registered
I am STILL getting these emails.
If this does not stop I will be forced to delete my account and go elsewhere.

You've deleted your current subscriptions?
https://www.physicsforums.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

Last edited:

1. Why am I still getting emails I don't want?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that you have previously subscribed to these emails and forgot to unsubscribe. It's also possible that your email address was obtained by a third-party and sold to multiple email lists. Lastly, it's possible that the sender is not honoring your unsubscribe requests.

2. How can I stop receiving these unwanted emails?

The first step is to try unsubscribing from the emails using the unsubscribe link provided in the email. If that doesn't work, you can try blocking the sender or creating a filter to automatically delete these emails. You can also contact the sender directly and request to be removed from their email list.

3. Is it safe to click on the unsubscribe link in these emails?

In most cases, it is safe to click on the unsubscribe link. However, it's always a good idea to double-check the sender's email address and make sure it's legitimate. If you're unsure, you can also mark the email as spam instead of clicking on the unsubscribe link.

4. Can I report these unwanted emails?

Yes, you can report these emails as spam to your email provider. Most email providers have a spam filter that will automatically send these emails to your spam folder or delete them altogether. You can also report them to the sender's email service provider if you believe they are violating anti-spam laws.

5. What steps can I take to prevent receiving unwanted emails in the future?

There are a few things you can do to prevent receiving unwanted emails. First, be cautious about giving out your email address and only provide it to trusted sources. Second, make sure to unsubscribe from emails you no longer want to receive. Lastly, regularly check your spam folder and mark any unwanted emails as spam to help train your email provider's spam filter.