What is a Good Band that Has Not Been Stupidalized?

• Thread starter doctor knowit
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Band
In summary, the conversation revolves around music recommendations and personal preferences. The participants mention different bands and share their opinions on them. The conversation also touches on the nostalgia of past music eras and the changes in the music industry.
doctor knowit
I love this forum...been a lurker for a while...but i have this to say...I have been waiting to hear some music that has not been stupidalized that's right i wrote it stupidalized.

If any of you want to hear or see the bridge of the generations check these guys out.I applaud you maybe i'll see you at one of their shows.

they are East coast right now.

oh it's

www.terradactle.com

if you know what's good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice acoustic guitar on "She Is From the Cosmic ...", but the vocalist is a little flat. Oh well.

If you want great these days - Joe Satriani, and Led Zepagain (http://www.zepagain.com/) is about as close to the real thing as one can get.

For really great - you needed to be around 30-40 years ago. :cool: :wink:

Rockin' at the Filmore. :biggrin:

doctor knowit said:
I love this forum...been a lurker for a while...

Why do I find that a little hard to believe?

SpaceTiger said:
Why do I find that a little hard to believe?
You should be in the Scepticism and debunking area.

Do the math.

now you see that A+B= laughter

2 jokes in one reply your welcome.
*Doctor out*

Astronuc said:
Nice acoustic guitar on "She Is From the Cosmic ...", but the vocalist is a little flat. Oh well.
If you want great these days - Joe Satriani, and Led Zepagain (http://www.zepagain.com/) is about as close to the real thing as one can get.
For really great - you needed to be around 30-40 years ago. :cool: :wink:
Rockin' at the Filmore. :biggrin:
I'm a big Grateful Dead fan and I would love to have been around in 1973 era. However, the music and spirit was different back then. I guess on the Terradactle site you have to go to the myspace blog to hear other music, they must be working on their site or something.

Joe Satriani I have never seen live, however I know of his greatness and guitar work

Now to be at the Filmore, yes that would be something many of the greats have played there.

To see Janis would of been something else.

rock on

Well that was pretty average. Maybe you should try Ween or Dredg. They're a class above that. Obivously it comes down to taste, but since you like that you should definitely give those bands a try anyway.

Yeah, well like i said they did something to their website but man Live, I guess with all bands it's another story.

I enjoy Ween went to a few shows enjoyed many of their songs was a good time.

and yes of coarse, it comes down to taste.

What makes a band considered "good"?

The definition of a "good" band is subjective and can vary from person to person. Generally, a good band is one that has a strong musical talent, creates unique and enjoyable music, and has a dedicated fan base.

What are some signs of a good band?

A good band will often have a unique sound, skilled and passionate musicians, and a strong stage presence. They may also have a large and dedicated following, positive reviews from music critics, and successful album sales.

Why is it important to support and promote good bands?

Supporting and promoting good bands is important because it allows them to continue creating music, grow their fan base, and have a successful career. It also helps to diversify the music industry and give talented artists the recognition they deserve.

How can I find out about new and upcoming good bands?

There are several ways to discover new and upcoming good bands. Some options include attending live music events, following music blogs and publications, listening to online radio stations, and asking friends for recommendations.

What can I do to show my support for a good band?

You can show your support for a good band by attending their concerts, purchasing their music and merchandise, sharing their music on social media, and leaving positive reviews. You can also support them by spreading the word about their music and introducing them to others who may enjoy their music as well.