Germany vs Poland: Still Nill-Nill | 3-0 Prediction

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Germany
In summary, Germany dominated Poland, but they may have been unlucky to not score in regulation. Poland was good, but they lost because of a red card. Germany looked dangerous and vulnerable, but they should be able to bounce back and win their next match.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Still nill - nill... there goes my 3-0 prediction.

Physics news on Phys.org
My prediction is Germany wins 1-0 on a goal scored in stoppage time.

Last edited:
Poland is (essentially) forced to go into all-out-attack if Germany scores.
And, this is give-n-gun Germany, so they will attack more if Poland scores. So it's entirely possible that there will be a couple of quick goals.

As a German, I can't help but find the anti-German bias of the English coverage amusing.

Exciting 90th minute!

dav2008 said:
^^^^^^^^^^

Neuville does it again! I had a good feeling when they sent him in!

Poland was outclassed. End of story. Pitty that Ballack is obviously suffering from his injury...

Poland were not outclassed, sorry. Germany were better, but if Poland didnt have that Red card Germany wouldn't have scored. The subsitition messed up there defence. Germany deserved the win regardless. But they look poor, probably England will play them after the group stage, and will kill them, if equador dont

dav2008 said:

hmmm... wonder what ladbrokes would have given you for that :biggrin:

Germany looks dangerous but vulnerable. With the rush at the end, roughly the same number of shots as against Costa Rica.

Can't believe Poland lost, I voted for them to win 2;1. Anyway, I heard from a fellow that Poland was pretty good, much better than with Ecuador. Gash, I lost a point :)

This was the first game I watched just to see how Germany was going to play. They dominated the whole match and had so many opportunities to score, but nothing seemed to connect. It was fun to see my dad so happy when they won in the overtime. I hope they play better for the next match though.

What is the history of the Germany vs Poland football rivalry?

The Germany vs Poland football rivalry dates back to 1933 when the two teams first met in a friendly match. Since then, they have faced each other 22 times, with Germany winning 17 times and Poland winning 2 times. However, in recent years, the rivalry has become more intense as both teams have become stronger contenders in international football tournaments.

What is the current form of both teams?

As of 2021, Germany is ranked 12th in the FIFA World Rankings, while Poland is ranked 19th. Germany has had a strong start to their 2022 World Cup qualifying campaign, winning their first two matches. Poland, on the other hand, has had a mixed start, with one win and one draw in their first two matches.

What are the key players to watch out for in this match?

For Germany, players like Toni Kroos, Thomas Muller, and Joshua Kimmich are expected to be key players in this match. For Poland, Robert Lewandowski, Piotr Zielinski, and Kamil Glik will be crucial players to watch out for. These players have proven their skills and ability to score goals in previous matches.

What are the predictions for this match?

Based on current form and previous performances, it is predicted that Germany will win this match with a score of 3-0. However, in football, anything can happen, and Poland should not be underestimated as they have the potential to cause an upset.

What impact could this match have on both teams' chances in the 2022 World Cup?

This match is a crucial one for both teams as it is a part of the 2022 World Cup qualifying campaign. A win for Germany would strengthen their chances of qualifying for the World Cup, while a win for Poland would also improve their chances. It is a must-win match for both teams to secure their place in the World Cup.