Make a Relaxing Electric Current Device at Home

• Thread starter eltranced
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Home
In summary, there are devices such as TENS units and electro-sleep machines that use electrical currents for various purposes, including pain relief and anesthesia. However, these are not typically considered to be "relaxing" and should be used with caution.
eltranced
:rolleyes: More like a small device that generates relaxing current? Is that possible to make one? I want to feel electricity (electric current) in my body but i don't want it to cuase pain or a shock... what would be a good way to do that? :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
I can't say that I've ever heard of any electrical current giving a "relaxing" sensation.

- Warren

eltranced said:
:rolleyes: More like a small device that generates relaxing current? Is that possible to make one? I want to feel electricity (electric current) in my body but i don't want it to cuase pain or a shock... what would be a good way to do that? :rolleyes:
Read your favourite parts of Physics Forums out loud (e.g. Zapperz' posts). The stimulated optical and auditory nerves will transmit gentle electrical signals to your brain which will, in turn, prompt a pleasing cascade of neuron synapses to fire sending relaxing electrical signals that will be conducted down the spinal column to all parts of your body, relaxing muscles and stimulating other neurons in the brain to release neuro-chemicals that give intense feelings of intellectual pleasure.:cool:

AM

chroot said:
I can't say that I've ever heard of any electrical current giving a "relaxing" sensation.

- Warren

there's actually a technique that produces interferential current to stimulate muscles that's used in the medical field. After a car wreck, I went into the doctor and they prescribed physical therapy (all I had were swollen muscles in my lower back). They rub you down with a cream, hook you up to some suction cups, and let you increase the frequency in steps as you're back adjusts to the stimulus. It's pretty neat.

Here's one I found on the net. The machine they had in physical therapy was huge, I can't tell if this one is the whole device, or just the control pad:

http://www.rsmedical.com/product_rs4i.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Pythagorean,

Sure, there are units like TENS that produce "interesting" electrical stimulation, as well as a variety of, well, sex-related electrical devices sold to those into BDSM. I'm not aware of anyone who considers either to be "relaxing," however.

- Warren

chroot said:
Pythagorean,

Sure, there are units like TENS that produce "interesting" electrical stimulation, as well as a variety of, well, sex-related electrical devices sold to those into BDSM. I'm not aware of anyone who considers either to be "relaxing," however.

- Warren

No, I suppose you're right, 'relaxing' wasn't the word for it, but it did relieve the pain in my lower back muscles. Electrocuting your nipples isn't fun either :/

The only thing that I can think of as a 'relaxing current' is the output from an electro-sleep machine such as the Russians tended to use for medical anaesthesia. It's pretty much a reverse electroencephalograph that feeds an artificial alpha rythym to the brain through scalp electrodes. I wouldn't recommend experimenting with it though, because in can induce an epileptic seizure (even in a non-epileptic subject).
Moonbear, Adrenaline, or one of the other medical experts might be able to assist you.

1. How does an electric current device work?

An electric current device uses electricity to create a relaxing effect on the body. When the device is turned on, it produces a small electric current that stimulates the nerves in the skin, causing a tingling or massaging sensation. This can help to relax muscles and relieve tension in the body.

2. What materials are needed to make a relaxing electric current device at home?

The materials needed to make a relaxing electric current device at home include a battery, wires, a switch, and electrodes. You will also need a container or platform to hold the device and a power source to supply the electricity.

3. Is it safe to make and use a relaxing electric current device at home?

As long as proper precautions are taken and safety guidelines are followed, it can be safe to make and use a relaxing electric current device at home. It is important to ensure that the device is properly insulated and that the electric current is not too strong, as this can cause harm to the body.

4. Can anyone use a relaxing electric current device?

While a relaxing electric current device can provide benefits for many people, it is important to check with a doctor before using one, especially if you have any pre-existing medical conditions. People with pacemakers or other electronic medical devices should not use a relaxing electric current device, as it can interfere with the functioning of these devices.

5. How can I customize my electric current device for different body parts?

You can customize your electric current device by changing the size and placement of the electrodes. For example, for larger body parts such as the back or thighs, you may need larger electrodes or multiple electrodes. For smaller areas such as the neck or face, smaller electrodes and more precise placement may be necessary. It is important to always follow safety guidelines and consult with a doctor before using the device on different body parts.