Package by Air (project time motion)

In summary, the conversation discusses a relief airplane delivering a food package to a group of people stranded on a small island. The plane is unable to land on the island, so the package must be dropped from a horizontal distance. The package is ejected at a speed relative to the plane, and the positive x and y directions are defined on a figure. The conversation then delves into finding the horizontal distance and velocity of the package when it hits the ground.
Kalie
A relief airplane is delivering a food package to a group of people stranded on a very small island. The island is too small for the plane to land on and the only way to deliver the package is by dropping it. The airplane flies horizontally with constant speed at an altitude . The package is ejected horizontally in the negative x direction with speed relative to the plane. Assume is v1 less than v0. The positive x and y directions are defined in the figure.

|0000(plane)--->v0
|
|h
|
|__________0000(island)
D

A. If the package were to land right on the island, at what horizontal distance from the plane to the island should the package be released?
B. What is the horizontal distance from the plane to the island when the package hits the ground?
C. Find the velocity vector of the package when it hits the ground.

I found that v0, with respect to the ground is v0x^-v1x^
and that t= sqrt((2h)/g)

I don't know what to do from there...

As you can tell I really don't get project time motion...

Physics news on Phys.org
I found part A D=(v0-v1)*sgrt(2h/g)

never mind I found it out :) i am really stupid...

1. What is Package by Air and how does it work?

Package by Air is a project time motion method used to optimize the packaging process for air transportation. It involves analyzing the steps and movements involved in packaging a product and finding ways to streamline the process for greater efficiency and cost-effectiveness.

2. Why is Package by Air important?

Package by Air is important because it can significantly reduce the time and cost involved in packaging products for air transportation. By optimizing the packaging process, companies can increase their productivity and profitability while also ensuring that their products are delivered safely and on time.

3. How is Package by Air different from other project time motion methods?

Package by Air is specifically focused on the packaging process for air transportation, whereas other project time motion methods may be more general or focused on other industries. It takes into account the unique factors and constraints involved in packaging for air transportation, such as weight restrictions and potential damage during transit.

4. What are the key steps in implementing Package by Air?

The key steps in implementing Package by Air include analyzing the current packaging process, identifying areas for improvement, developing and testing new packaging techniques, and implementing changes based on the results. It may also involve training employees on the new methods and continuously monitoring and adjusting the process for optimal results.

5. How can I get started with Package by Air for my company?

If you are interested in implementing Package by Air for your company, it is recommended to consult with a packaging expert who is familiar with the method. They can guide you through the process and help you develop a customized plan based on your company's specific needs and goals. You may also find resources and case studies from industry organizations and conferences to learn more about successful implementations of Package by Air.