What Are Your Favorite MS-DOS Games?

• Thread starter radou
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Games
In summary: Alone in the Dark on my friends computer and it freaked me out.In summary, the old school MS-DOS games are great. Some of the favorite ones include Monkey Island 1 and 2, Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis, Simon the Sorcerer, Commander Keen, and Dangerous Dave.
Computer science news on Phys.org
Wow Borek that's pretty impressive!

Prince Of Persia was great. Any the first two Monkey Island sequels are absolutely fantastic games, as are most of the old LucasArts games (I think the newest one I played was Full Throttle). I liked Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis very much, too, actually, the whole point-and-click adventure game concept is very fun.

Roberta Williams games were great fun! Sierra On-Line had some great products.

I played Wizardry I until my toons were like level 250. It was there I honed the hand mapping skills that would become invaluable in later generations of adventure games. Ultima had these dark zones and spinners that put your mapping skills to the test. Teleport squares were also a pain in the map. Civ was an epic game, but, the time between turns could become the most severe test of will power late in the game. It became more than I could endure in Civ II. And who could forget Lemmings - a maddeningly addictive game. Wing Commander was a hoot and virtually impossible without a good flight stick. I had one with suction cups and programmable buttons. Even with the suction cups, mayhem and disaster was a lurking horror in every mission.

Fallout

My favorite computer games is :-
1. Chain Reaction: Build a Food Chain
2. I Don't Want to Clean My Room
3. The Great Bug Hunt
4. Animal Adaptations
5. The Great Garbage Caper

The Incredible Machine (TIM)
Leisure Suit Larry
Maniac Mansion
Dune II was also great, I soldered an AD/DA converter for it so I could have some better sound. It cost me 1/20th of a soundblaster. The signal to noise ratio was horrible but still...

radou said:
Also, I forgot to mention Dangerous Dave.

I'm fairly convinced that Dangerous Dave was one of the hardest games ever produced.