How do I type '{' without using the alt key on my keyboard?

• Thread starter radou
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user having trouble typing the '{' character when replying to posts. They usually use (right Alt+B) to type it, but now it is bringing up a shortcut for bolding text instead. The user is looking for hints on how to fix this issue and it is mentioned that it may be due to using a different keyboard layout.
radou
Homework Helper
A trivial problem, but it costs me nervs... :smile:

When replying to posts, I can't get the ' { ' character. I get it by pressing (right Alt+B) usually, but now I get a shortcut for bolding text every time. Any hints?

Physics news on Phys.org
radou said:
A trivial problem, but it costs me nervs... :smile:

When replying to posts, I can't get the ' { ' character. I get it by pressing (right Alt+B) usually, but now I get a shortcut for bolding text every time. Any hints?

works fine for me in firefox and IE

Greg Bernhardt said:
works fine for me in firefox and IE

Then it must be my computer, as always. :uhh:

Right Alt+B opens the bookmarks for me. :) Usually, it's Ctrl+B that acts as a shortcut for bold text.

Why are you using the alt key at all to type a '{'? It's right on the keyboard, the same key with the square brackets, just to the right of the letter P. Do you use a different keyboard?

Moonbear said:
Why are you using the alt key at all to type a '{'? It's right on the keyboard, the same key with the square brackets, just to the right of the letter P. Do you use a different keyboard?

I use a diffrerent keyboard. :smile: Right to the letter P I have the bracket, but it doesn't work on that key, since it's reserved for one of the diacritics in my language.

1. Why am I experiencing bugs in my code even though I have checked for errors?

There could be several reasons for experiencing bugs in your code despite checking for errors. It could be due to incorrect logic, missing or conflicting dependencies, or even a hardware issue. It is important to thoroughly review and debug your code to identify the root cause of the bug.

2. How can I prevent bugs from occurring in my code?

To prevent bugs from occurring in your code, it is important to follow best practices such as writing clean and organized code, using comments to explain your code, and testing your code frequently. It can also be helpful to use debugging tools and techniques to identify and fix errors before they become larger problems.

3. Is it possible to completely eliminate bugs in software development?

It is unlikely to completely eliminate bugs in software development. However, by following best practices and being diligent in testing and debugging, you can significantly reduce the number of bugs in your code. Additionally, continuously updating and improving your code can also help prevent future bugs from occurring.

4. Can bugs in code lead to security vulnerabilities?

Yes, bugs in code can potentially lead to security vulnerabilities. This is because bugs can create loopholes or weaknesses in the code that can be exploited by hackers or malicious actors. It is important to thoroughly test and review your code to identify and fix any potential security vulnerabilities.

5. How can I effectively communicate and resolve bugs with my team?

Effective communication is key when resolving bugs with your team. It is important to clearly document and report the bug, including any steps to reproduce it. Additionally, working together to identify and fix the bug can help improve team collaboration and prevent similar issues in the future.