What is the password related to particles and energy in this puzzle?

• Thread starter needananswer
  • Start date
In summary, a user has joined a forum seeking help with a puzzle that involves finding a password. The first part of the clue has been solved, which is "black hole." The next part involves speaking a name that is the sum of all particles and energy, with the password containing the letters E and S. The user has tried several possible answers but all have been confirmed as incorrect by the person they need to give the password to. The user has limited information about the password and can only try 3 words per week. They are seeking suggestions for the password and promise to come back and share the answer once it is solved.
needananswer
Hi all,

Have just joined up cause I have been trying to solve a puzzle ofr ages now and am totally stuck so thought I would come and see if any of you clever people can help me :eek:)

I need to find a password, generated from the following clue:

Seek out that which relates this place to East India and Alton,
Speak the name that is the sum of all particles and energy.

The first part of the answer is BLACK HOLE I have had it confirmed this is correct (East India = Calcutta = Black Hole of Calcutta = ride Alton Towers called the Black Hole).

This is then supposed to lead on into the next part of the clue Speak the name that is the sum of all particles and energy

Well so far I have tried the following as possible answers:

Einstein
Universe
Enterprise
Energos

All of which are incorrect. The password is a long word and contains the letters E and S somewhere in it! So if any of you have any suggestions, please let me have them, it's driving me insane! I promise to come back and let you know what the answer was...assuming I finally get it right!

Physics news on Phys.org
The sum of all energy and mass is CONSERVED (there is an S and E).

spacetime?

forces? singularity (although it doesn't contain an 'e' "black hole does and I'm not entirely clear if the "e" in black hole counts towards the "e" in the password)?

Also, you said
Well so far I have tried the following as possible answers:

Einstein
Universe
Enterprise
Energos

All of which are incorrect.
How do you know they are incorrect?
The password is a long word and contains the letters E and S somewhere in it!
How do you know this? Maybe if we are given all the information you know about how you know this information, it will help us in deciphering.

Last edited:
Fire Truck.

special relativity

string theory

He's trying to hack someone's password.

makethings said:
The sum of all energy and mass is CONSERVED (there is an S and E).

I'd go with this one, me likey^^

lol, not trying to hack someones password. It's part of a competition I've been involved in for nearly a year. I know the words I listed are incorrect because the person I have to give the password to has told me so. I Know there is an S and an E in the word as they confirmed that too. The person I have to give the password too doesn't know the entire password, just 4 letters, iykwim. He has confirmed the two letters as they were in the words I tried, so presumably the two other letters he knows haven't appeared in the words I've tried so far (confused yet? lol).

Anyway, once I give him a word that contains all the letters he knows, he then has to contact the people who are running the competition. Can only put 3 words a week, so all in all a lengthy process!

Why "this place"?

what were all the other words that you have tried before he told you about the 'e' and 's'; and what did you say or do to get him to tell you that? (it sounds odd that he would tell you or give you any 'hints')

Is 'black hole' not a part of the password? What is its role then? Can you show us some previous clues that you have solved.

maybe substance :rolleyes:

needananswer said:
The person I have to give the password too doesn't know the entire password, just 4 letters, iykwim. He has confirmed the two letters as they were in the words I tried, so presumably the two other letters he knows haven't appeared in the words I've tried so far (confused yet? lol).
By all means, try the following words:

sea
seb
sec
sed
sef
seh
sej
sek
sel
sem
seq
sew
sex
sey
sez

and let us know what you discover.

Last edited:

1. What are particles and energy in relation to this puzzle?

Particles and energy are fundamental concepts in physics that help us understand the behavior and interactions of matter. In this puzzle, they likely refer to the building blocks of matter (particles) and the forces that govern their movements (energy).

2. How do particles and energy relate to password creation?

In this puzzle, particles and energy may be used as clues or hints to help create a password. This could involve using scientific concepts or terminology to form a password, or using the properties of particles and energy to determine a password.

3. Is there a specific scientific theory or principle that can be applied to this password puzzle?

It is possible that this puzzle requires an understanding of a specific scientific theory or principle related to particles and energy. This could be something like quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, or relativity. However, it is also possible that the puzzle simply uses general knowledge of these concepts rather than specific theories.

4. Are there any resources or references that could help solve this puzzle?

As a scientist, you may have access to a variety of resources and references related to particles and energy. These could include textbooks, research articles, or online databases. It may be helpful to consult these resources for clues or information that could aid in solving the puzzle.

5. Can the password be solved using only scientific knowledge or do I need to think creatively?

While the password may require some scientific knowledge, it is likely that it also requires some creative thinking. Many puzzles involve combining different concepts or approaches, so it may be helpful to approach the puzzle from multiple angles and think outside the box.