Beach Legs? Perfect (Apart from a Few Blemishes)

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation mainly revolved around the appearance and characteristics of people's legs. Some mentioned having legs that were perfect for the beach, while others joked about having legs that were too short or too pale. There were also discussions about hairy legs and flexibility. One person even shared their ability to do various leg-related tricks. Overall, the conversation was lighthearted and humorous.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Are they beach legs, ape legs, stay at home legs, other? mine are perfect for the beach apart from the blemishes.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have a pair that I wear to the beach and another pair that I just wear around home.

Are beach legs webbed?

My are as skinny as toothpicks.

oedipa maas said:
I have a pair that I wear to the beach and another pair that I just wear around home.

Ahhh ha ha ha! That's a great image.

My legs look good on a bike. Unfortunately, I'm more of a runner.

Well, I could argue that I don't have any legs. But I would probably lose.

Lifting 260 lbs in the gym legs.

Seems like Chi is the top so far , with two extremes chicken legs and tree stumps.

wolram said:
Seems like Chi is the top so far , with two extremes chicken legs and tree stumps.

You guys want a picture?

jimmysnyder said:
Well, I could argue that I don't have any legs. But I would probably lose.
"I don't need legs. I have legs." -- Jerry Seinfeld :rofl:

Last edited:
Tree stumps.

Ivan Seeking said:
Tree stumps.

Don't forget that extra digging foot. That seems to come in handy. :biggrin:

My legs would be good beach legs if they weren't so pale, or bruised, or short, or...:uhh: They're good, sturdy farm legs though.

Evo said:
Are beach legs webbed?

My are as skinny as toothpicks.

Pics or I call shens.:smile:

My wife likes them (my legs), so that's fine with me.

Last night she was petting them as if they were a furry cat. I had to ask her to stop, it was getting weird.

kach22i said:
Last night she was petting them as if they were a furry cat. I had to ask her to stop, it was getting weird.
Mine does that - I daren't argue.

The only problem with mine is that they are both shorter than the other!
I have duck's disease =my bum is too close to the ground.

mgb_phys said:
The only problem with mine is that they are both shorter than the other!
How about that, I always thought that if you had one leg shorter than the other, that nature would compensate and you would have one leg longer than the other. My problem is that I am too short for my weight. But at least both of my legs reach the ground.

edit - now I see, in your case, in order to compensate, you would have to have both legs longer than the other and that is logically impossible.

Last edited:
kach22i said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kach22i said:

And you didn't suggest she just move her hands up a bit further? Yep, definitely married. :biggrin:

I kinda have Tina Turner legs {not black} but pretty tan and ready for a beach anytime!

kach22i said:

Are they so furry? :biggrin:

Right now i have 96% hairly legs. I was at a party right and these guys pinned me to a bed and stuck those women shaving strips and ripped it off my leg. Now i have manly left leg with a bald patch. Its funny to feel. B

Last edited:
hypatia said:
I kinda have Tina Turner legs {not black} but pretty tan and ready for a beach anytime!

I thought she had bowed legs, or is it just the way she walks.

kach22i said:

:rofl: I'm half jewish, half italian; I know how you feel :rofl:

wolram said:

{Enter joke that includes a reference to "horse" and bowed legs}

lol If you can ever see a photo of her just standing with her legs together{believe me its rare}, you'll discover she's not bow legged at all.

If I were ever ship-wrecked on a deserted island I could signal passing rescue aircraft by reflecting the glare off my pale legs towards them. Not only are they pale, but they are hairy too. What is odd is that only my legs have an overabundance of hair. Someone might think I was a cave-dwelling ape if that was all they could see of me. They are also fairly flexible, though not as much as they used to be. I can still throw a leg behind my head if I care to or turn my flipper-shaped feet about 270 degrees apart. At one time I could do a front/back split, or bend over slowly backwards, touch the ground with my hands and then come back to a standing position. Ok, I really am a freak!

wolram said:

She got legs!

RS432~Tina-Turner-Rolling-Stone-no-432-October-1984-Posters.jpg

ZZ Top: "Legs"

:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Huckleberry said:
If I were ever ship-wrecked on a deserted island I could signal passing rescue aircraft by reflecting the glare off my pale legs towards them. Not only are they pale, but they are hairy too. What is odd is that only my legs have an overabundance of hair. Someone might think I was a cave-dwelling ape if that was all they could see of me. They are also fairly flexible, though not as much as they used to be. I can still throw a leg behind my head if I care to or turn my flipper-shaped feet about 270 degrees apart. At one time I could do a front/back split, or bend over slowly backwards, touch the ground with my hands and then come back to a standing position. Ok, I really am a freak!

WOW, you should be in a circus LOL.

wolram said:
I am. It's a one man show. You'll catch me at restaurants and book stores Saturday evening entertaining the crowds.

Which reminds me, Terry Pratchett will be at Powell's near me this Wednesday for a book signing. I think I might go check that out. I've never bothered to go to a book signing before and I like Terry Pratchett. His Mort character is my favorite.

wolram said:

That's probably why he hangs out with all of us in GD. :biggrin:

whitay said:
Right now i have 96% hairly legs. I was at a party right and these guys pinned me to a bed and stuck those women shaving strips and ripped it off my leg. Now i have manly left leg with a bald patch. Its funny to feel. B

If you ever get lonely you can always wax the rest of your left leg and pretend... Maybe I'll leave that one.

I also have some legs.

Moonbear said:
That's probably why he hangs out with all of us in GD. :biggrin:

I like GD because it is kind of like the PF circus side-show. I am too ignorant of most science to actively participate in the other sections of this forum, although sometimes I like to poke my head into the philosophy section just to convince myself that "I am not an animal." The more I try, the less concerned I become with the conclusion. I'm starting to think that argument has no legs.

The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense. - Tom Clancy
Guy loses leg - again.

jimmysnyder said:
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense. - Tom Clancy
Guy loses leg - again.
I would think he would be less attached to his leg, now that it is unattached to him. It never writes. It never calls. Sounds like a tragedy in the making to me.

jimmysnyder said:
Reality is often stranger than fiction -- someone?

<h2>1. What are "Beach Legs" and why are they desirable?</h2><p>"Beach Legs" refers to toned and defined leg muscles that are typically associated with a fit and healthy physique. They are desirable because they can enhance one's appearance and confidence, especially when wearing beach attire.</p><h2>2. How can I achieve "Beach Legs"?</h2><p>To achieve "Beach Legs," it is important to engage in regular exercise that targets the leg muscles, such as squats, lunges, and calf raises. A balanced and nutritious diet is also crucial in building and maintaining muscle tone. Additionally, incorporating cardio and resistance training can help to burn fat and reveal the muscles underneath.</p><h2>3. Can anyone have "Beach Legs," or is it only for certain body types?</h2><p>Anyone can have "Beach Legs" regardless of their body type. While genetics may play a role in the shape and size of one's legs, regular exercise and a healthy diet can help to improve muscle tone and definition in individuals of all body types.</p><h2>4. How long does it take to get "Beach Legs"?</h2><p>The time it takes to achieve "Beach Legs" varies for each individual and depends on factors such as their starting fitness level, diet, and genetics. With consistent effort and dedication, it is possible to see noticeable results in a few weeks to a few months.</p><h2>5. Are there any risks or precautions to consider when working towards "Beach Legs"?</h2><p>As with any fitness goal, it is important to listen to your body and avoid overexertion. It is also crucial to maintain proper form during exercises to prevent injury. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or injuries, it is best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting a new exercise routine.</p>

1. What are "Beach Legs" and why are they desirable?

"Beach Legs" refers to toned and defined leg muscles that are typically associated with a fit and healthy physique. They are desirable because they can enhance one's appearance and confidence, especially when wearing beach attire.

2. How can I achieve "Beach Legs"?

To achieve "Beach Legs," it is important to engage in regular exercise that targets the leg muscles, such as squats, lunges, and calf raises. A balanced and nutritious diet is also crucial in building and maintaining muscle tone. Additionally, incorporating cardio and resistance training can help to burn fat and reveal the muscles underneath.

3. Can anyone have "Beach Legs," or is it only for certain body types?

Anyone can have "Beach Legs" regardless of their body type. While genetics may play a role in the shape and size of one's legs, regular exercise and a healthy diet can help to improve muscle tone and definition in individuals of all body types.

4. How long does it take to get "Beach Legs"?

The time it takes to achieve "Beach Legs" varies for each individual and depends on factors such as their starting fitness level, diet, and genetics. With consistent effort and dedication, it is possible to see noticeable results in a few weeks to a few months.

5. Are there any risks or precautions to consider when working towards "Beach Legs"?

As with any fitness goal, it is important to listen to your body and avoid overexertion. It is also crucial to maintain proper form during exercises to prevent injury. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or injuries, it is best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting a new exercise routine.